ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 to CTR EP3

Black 182
Best move ive ever made... General build quality is better in every way, power is so much smoother and everyone loves hearing about vtec kicking stuff...:eek:

so from this..
93584064-F5D1-47C0-860D-E1836883C111-990-000000F0C3BEF2BE_zps0bba05f1.jpg

3E7DEDEE-1A09-47A4-BAD0-10193E96AB1E-990-000000F706C99FC3_zpsde832386.jpg

AE588BD2-9343-4DD7-8D6D-B1EBD7CF5E15-990-000000F09F63E2E0_zpsfad82107.jpg

To this...
7FB106C6-97C7-4738-A250-B0F303D2DB7E-295-00000023EBE9C9DD_zps34f5acbf.jpg

569DF2D7-AF0D-4476-BBCF-EC5267F3F593-295-00000023FA880335_zps42a81f88.jpg

D284F0A7-4160-4090-8497-8CA5C7108CB1-1511-000001EEAEF7AEB5_zpse66c27d2.jpg

88C17067-46B9-45B5-A16F-CFD239E9E5B2-1511-000001EEB8F2C24E_zpsa3977654.jpg

Needs raising a touch at the rear, but only had it 2 days.

​Well pleased with it.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Build quality? Seems your not too bothered about build quality if you had a completely stripped interior?

​either way, lovely cars the both of them

Black 182
The standard interior was crap though. Vents always broke, standard seats were unsupportive and steering wheel was abysmal!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Much nicer place to be but the Clio is much more fun to drive.

I put my CTR into a signpost I hated it that much :/

Black 182
Much nicer place to be but the Clio is much more fun to drive.

I put my CTR into a signpost I hated it that much :/

Ive had my 'fun' for now though.. 2 Fully stripped 182s, was fun but winter in a metal box isnt much fun..

If needed i wouldnt hesitate to go back to a 182 though. Although at the moment, the CTR is too nice.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The back needs raising as you mentioned, looks a bit hilarious, lol!

Nice buy though. Hopefully you get bitten by the vtec bug ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Build quality? Seems your not too bothered about build quality if you had a completely stripped interior?

My thoughts exactly..lol

Not a CTR i'd have bought tbh. Looks already been owned by their "typical" owner with suspension like that..

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tbh i think it looks fine. Bodywork in the pics looks good. Yeah its been lowered a touch too much but aslong as the car has been looked after mechanically then all is well. Looking at his clio which looks nice btw, how many people who viewed it thought that looks like its had a hard life and not given it a second thought. When in fact it could be a really nice, genuine car.

clio 172 phase 2
Im in the middle of actually doing this also been offered a civic cheap ! So need to see what there like

MK3 Clio DCI 86
I did this last week! Went from my BG 182 to an EP3. Build quality is leagues ahead of the 182, and the engine is the EP3 is so smooth and quiet when not in vtec ;)

The clio was much more fun to drive though, it had character :(

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Looks nice Will, Your old 182 is looking quite different from when you had it ;) it runs etc now and is rather quick

Black 182
I did this last week! Went from my BG 182 to an EP3. Build quality is leagues ahead of the 182, and the engine is the EP3 is so smooth and quiet when not in vtec ;)

The clio was much more fun to drive though, it had character :(

Thank you, someone who has actually owned both. More of an opinion im likely to listen to.

It wasn't owned by the 'typical' Type R owners either... The SPAX RSX coilovers are only 4 weeks old, the previous owner told me it was too low and too soft. Just needs playing with. Never seen anyone put coilys on perfectly first time....

But glad to hear my old BG is back to its former glory and more!!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Smoother power lol vtec is anything but smooth. Performance wise they're pretty much identical TBH. Probably won't handle like it should with it being slammed either.

Black 182
Complained about build quality in Clio, has it stripped.

​Logic. :D

Logic....build quality was poor = didnt hesitate to pull the interior out.

Anyone who says the Clio's interior is nice/well made is a liar. (excluding Trophy seats which i haven't seen)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Don't think I've ever driven a K series vtec engine actually so can't comment on that.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
New car syndrome. It's obvious the CTR will feel nice and refined coming from that stripped heap!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Don't think I've ever driven a K series vtec engine actually so can't comment on that.

Honestly, K20 Power delivery and Vtec Kick is so smooth in comparison to a B Series. B18 is a very aggressive kick, K20 is nothing like that.

I prefer my Ep3 to a 172 too, however, I dont think you can beat a 52 plate 172 for Value for Money!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive always been tempted by the CTR purely for the engine & driving position but my clio would flop a CTR all over the park. Plus ive met so many good friends of here which mainly stops me getting one

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ive always been tempted by the CTR purely for the engine & driving position but my clio would flop a CTR all over the park. Plus ive met so many good friends of here which mainly stops me getting one

Buy a modded one. A lightly modded NA Civic will still be nudging 240-250bhp with the basics (filter/Decat Exhuast/Map).

In terms of modifying (power), the K20 is in a different ball game compared to the 1*2. The money needed to make a Clio faster is laughable in comparison. A £350 K100 with a Base map loaded will give more power increase than a RS2 for example.

As I say though, a standard 172, for what they cost now, represents unparallelled performance to value ratio, but I cant help but laugh seeing people sink ££££'s into a Clio lump and getting 210bhp.

This forum is a white elephant. So much better than ant other marques flagship forum imo. I guess thats why so many people on here dont have Clios anymore, but are still here.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Buy a modded one. A lightly modded NA Civic will still be nudging 240-250bhp with the basics (filter/Decat Exhuast/Map).

In terms of modifying (power), the K20 is in a different ball game compared to the 1*2. The money needed to make a Clio faster is laughable in comparison. A £350 K100 with a Base map loaded will give more power increase than a RS2 for example.

As I say though, a standard 172, for what they cost now, represents unparallelled performance to value ratio, but I cant help but laugh seeing people sink ££££'s into a Clio lump and getting 210bhp.

This forum is a white elephant. So much better than ant other marques flagship forum imo. I guess thats why so many people on here dont have Clios anymore, but are still here.

Bloody hell I never knew the k20 responded so well to tuning. Now im even more tempted

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Bloody hell I never knew the k20 responded so well to tuning. Now im even more tempted

Jap Speed Decat Manifold £199
Air Filter: £250-800
Exhaust: £300-1100
Hondata K100 + Live Mapping Session: £700

Theres 240bhp, An RBC Inlet manifold is only a few hundred more

CPL Say the Reflashed K100 gives an increase of around 15-20bhp, maybe thats with a filter and exhaust, but for less than grand, My mates 295bhp VXR only slightly pulls on me. And IVe still got my cat and stock manifold.

For Tuning, if you have a few K spare, they are a great car to own IMO.

Standard 172s though, for what they cost, are awesome.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Jap Speed Decat Manifold £199
Air Filter: £250-800
Exhaust: £300-1100
Hondata K100 + Live Mapping Session: £700

Theres 240bhp, An RBC Inlet manifold is only a few hundred more

CPL Say the Reflashed K100 gives an increase of around 15-20bhp, maybe thats with a filter and exhaust, but for less than grand, My mates 295bhp VXR only slightly pulls on me. And IVe still got my cat and stock manifold.

For Tuning, if you have a few K spare, they are a great car to own IMO.

Standard 172s though, for what they cost, are awesome.

Jeez ive spent that on my clio and ive only got mid 180's lol

I think a CTR will defo be my number 1 choice if I sold the 172 cup. U can get a good CTR for 4500. I would only get 1 in milano red. Ive been looking lately & all seem to be high mileage. My cups only on 51k and is quite highly specked. If I sold it I would want 3500 as I believe its one of the best ones around

I love my cup but would find hard to part company with it especially for a CTR. My pals gonna buy one once hes sold his bmw 320cd. Ill have to drive one again to make a decision. Not drove 1 for a few years but what I can remember from my mate russell's old one I loved it

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
A CTR for me would be good as i have two children 8 and 10 so the PH1 is to small when we all go out in it.

​But i cant bring myself to sell the Clio.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
A CTR for me would be good as i have two children 8 and 10 so the PH1 is to small when we all go out in it.

​But i cant bring myself to sell the Clio.

Im the same scott. I love the clio & dunno if I could sell for a CTR

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If you went to a standard type like I did you will get bored very quickly. They are great cars though

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I chased the love. Induction kits, a million exhausts, six months later I'm back in a Clio, again!. It depends on the individual as with any car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, noisey, it rattles, can experience every bump in the road. Thankfully I don't do many miles, saying that my usual journey from work is ten mins, tonight it was fourty :)