ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 trophy / 197

RB 182 195bhp
Looking through the classifieds it seems 197's are now going for roughly the same money as 182 trophy's, about 5-6k. I was just wondering what people prefer really. I've noticed on here alot of people who have had a mk2 rs, and change to a 197 sell up pretty quickly, is there any reason for this? I've heard in a straight line they are no faster, and use more petrol but handle better. Is this a fair description?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cheap 197's tend to be cup's or crap spec wise.

I'd go for a trophy personally, will lose less money too. If I was to get a 197 I'd want a very well spec'd full fat one (cup pack, recaro's, xenons etc) or an R27.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheap 197's tend to be cup's or crap spec wise.

I'd go for a trophy personally, will lose less money too. If I was to get a 197 I'd want a very well spec'd full fat one (cup pack, recaro's, xenons etc) or an R27.

The crap spec ones are the cheap ones mate. The cups are still 08 so have held a bit more money (+ a lot of cups I've seen have spoilers/speed lines/recaros) there's no good, cheap 197s about yet

theres an almost hero spec (bar cup chassis as its 06) rb 197 on autotrader for just over £6.5k but apparently it looks like a shed in person which would explain why it's been up for ages :/

RS6 C7
Trophy over a a low spec 197!

But If you can stretch to an R27 or a decent spec regular 197 then it might be a tougher choice..

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I have written off any 197/200 cup as low spec mate, I want the keyless push to start too much to even warrant thinking about a cup if I was to upgrade to a mk3.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Tbh I have written off any 197/200 cup as low spec mate, I want the keyless push to start too much to even warrant thinking about a cup if I was to upgrade to a mk3.

Fair dos, I'm of the opinion cup + options > POV spec... At least the cup has the chassis.

but, I've heard of cups having keyless. Not sure if this was a removed option or what but apparently a guy or two have it on 197.net

but I would much rather go all out than cup... Hence my car choice lol