ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Turbo Conversion - A Few Questions (CC/Head Gasket/ECU etc)

Impreza Wagon
I'm hopefully planning on gathering the parts up for a low pressure turbo conversion (230bhp) this year and have a few questions -

Can I still keep Cruise Control?
Will I need to a fit a Megane head gasket?
What's the best ECU to go for on a budget (and keep CC)?
Will I need a fly by wire conversion?

I know lots of threads cover the conversion I couldn't find any answers to the above :)

Countryman JCW
Good lad!!

I believe you need to run a specific ECU to keep cruise control like a GEN90
My turbo doesnt have a megane head gasket but if youre willing to remove the head etc then it would be beneficial
Im sure you need a cable throttle conversion unless running a specific ECU like the GEN90 thats plug and play

Im not 100% certain on the above, im just going off what i have heard and learnt. If someone else with a bit more knowledge can correct me then please do.

172 cup, Impreza P1
I have some parts that may interest you if you are not going for a GEN90 ecu. Got a cable throttle pedal and cable along with a ph1 TB.

You already have a FBW throttle and so the GEN90 and the new Adaptronic 420d ecu are 2 that I know of that can use FBW. Most are cable throttles though. Budget ECU's would be OMEX600's etc but I would get an ecu you can get easily mapped by a good mapper. Going piggy back is another option that may allow you to retain CC but be ok with boost.

I guess you are going for a low boost conversion and so no need to change the head gasket unless you wanted a bit more boost.