ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Tyres

Megane R26

Picked up 182 yesterday with cup suspension, tyres fitted are 83v with a red dot on the sidewall, they had a standard 182 in the showroom and once again these tyres were 83v but these had a green dot on the sidewall, so if the theory is correct, the red dot signifys stiffer sidewalls.

Now waiting for another cup suspensioned 182 owner to say he/she had green dots on the sidewall.

As most other people, found the cup front spoiler on the backseat, had a quick moan and it was fitted in about 5 minutes.

Rick.

I have red dots on my cup pack tyres but I thought the dots were to allow the tyre fitter to align lightest part of tyre with the valve to minimise balance weights. I thought stiffer sidewalls were signified by a stripe in the tread although I have to say I never looked...

I have a red spot on my cup tyres and as so thought i had the "correct" tyres fitted, but when i was in my local renault dealer i looked at a non cup 182 and it had the same codes on the tyres and red dots!!!!

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

I have just gone up to 205s on my 172. Michelin Pilot Exalto. And they had a red dot on the sidewall & a red stripe on the tread. Got them from mytyres.co.uk

So who is telling the truth about what markings the stiffer tyres have?

You tell me cos im confused.

Dave

Lee

BMW M2C

IIRC the dot isnt what signifies it, its the stripe. Red = Cup pack tyres, Green = Standard

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by daveclio172 on 02 September 2004

I have just gone up to 205s on my 172. Michelin Pilot Exalto. And they had a red dot on the sidewall & a red stripe on the tread. Got them from mytyres.co.uk

So who is telling the truth about what markings the stiffer tyres have?

You tell me cos im confused.

Dave
Dave which part number did you order as those are what I need, the ones with the red stripe, cheers

On yokohamas fitted to the elise, the "Lotus Specific" compound Advans had a"LTS" designation on the sidewall. Is it worth putting up ALL the text off the sidewall to compare?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 02 September 2004

Just received a set of PE2s from mytyres.com albeit for a cup!

Would posting a pic help?
did they have the red markings on the sidewall and tread?