ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 undertray fell off, not covered!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Just under a month old and part of the undertray (near-side, front of wheel) has broken and come down into contact with the road.

Pushed it up clear and popped into Renault where i was told it was ~£30 and not covered by warrenty. WTF bits of plastic falling off arent covered??? Is this right? I know i 100% havent hit anything even small, so i assume it wasnt properly fitted from the start.

Shall i kick up merry Fcuk or just cough up?

Cheers, Paul.

ST

Kick up F*ck mate, do it in the showroom when theres people looking at cars, that usually sorts things out at reno quick smart.

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Mine did the same after a couple of thousand miles - I didnt bother going to Renault - just stuck a nut and bolt through the hole with a couple of massive washers, which has held it up fine ever since...

Hope this helps!

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Cheers, as i thought. ill give em hell when i pick the new cover up and give Renault UK a bell if they still refuse. £30 aint f-all but i really begrudge paying this for a fault on a new car.

172 cup'd extreme

for the time you waste dealing with ren for this minor thing you could have fixed it yourself with some decent fixings metal bolts nylock nuts and bigger washers