ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Vs ibiza cupra

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Just wondering what the comparison is. My mates just bought one and just interested what thy're like stats wise. He's had a few mods like full system, dump valve and down pipe and is gonna get it remapped in january. I've superchipped my 182, induction kit and full magnex system and am considering remapping aswell by RS Tuning. What do you reckon peeps, i think its goona be very close!

Well i had a cupra few years back mate and it drank petrol,and the reason being if u use a normal bailey dump valve the ATMOSPHERIC 1 it tricks the engine management to think its leaking boostage Jabbasport will tell u,so tell him before he even considers racing other cars get shot of the dump valve and only stick a re-circulating 1 on thou,as with a normal 1 u get s..t loads of lagg,was gonna buy another 1 thou the cupra R version only for the reason tohave a dump valve and very tuneable etc,so even in standard form mate your car would blow the cupra anyway mate.

172 PH1,Skoda oct VRS
got both cars!! clios is better ibiza needs lots of work to it and still its not that quick or fun! Better build quality. quick in a straight line when remapped. standard are poo.

You wont stand a chance against a remapped cupra im afraird. standard vs standard and you would probably edge it.. the rempped ones are rapid in a straight line

Scirocco GT 210
My 172 was noticeably quicker than my mate's cupra. He never got his remapped though, so don't know how it would have faired then!

Nissan 350Z
I own a 182 and have driven a Cupra (test drive from a show room).

As said, a remapped one should have ya... but the thing is, the Cupra lacked the fun factor of the Clio. As standard they feel torquey but not quick, because the engine lacks the frantic delivery of the clio's. You feel a lot more isolated from the driving experience, and the handling is nervous feeling, and lacks feedback. The sensation of speed isnt very good, even if it is fast.

The Clio is a much better car. More go-kart like in the way it drives, much more feedback and it feels quicker and more reponsive.

My mate has a remapped FR and although he is quicker in a straight line he admits to me that it really is just a straight line car, and his has upgraded suspension (eibach and koni) and upgraded brakes (Audi TT brakes). He readily admits even a standard clio would still rape it on the bends.