ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182,vts,gti,ctr

M135i, 118 coupe
hi guys i pick up my 182 with cup pack tomorrow only 20 so the insurance is killing me plus i had a knock in my 1.2 clio a year back,160 a month!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway im sure this has been brought up before but i have friends with saxo vts ctr,106 gti and they all claim to be much faster than the clio 182 which is b****cks.The ctr i feel is an inch quicker but the other two are that inch slower.opinons welcome please.by the way hi im liam from taunton.

do a search. gets posted about every week

106 gti/ vts wont be much far behind to be honest.. aslong as its only got slight mods it definately wont 'beat' you.
but just remember your sat in climate controlled bliss without a chavvy reputation ;)
ctr will be down to driver / prob pull away after 100+

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Liam, welcome.

I'm sorry I'm going to be blunt. Use the search function mate. Its been covered more times than beans on toast. Its boring, been done to death and causes arguements.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
lol.... can o worms mate

all pretty even bh, on a straight you will be qucker than the vts/gti marginally.... the ctr, well i've had a few commings together and its nip and tuck in my 172 cup, really very very even upto a ton, then it may inch away

welcome by the way

M135i, 118 coupe
Does anybody have any advice about my new car on mods, ect.... also was considering a window tint to the rear but not sure if it would look nice?? comments please.thanks liam

182 - Now Cooper S
Saying you vts or 106 gti will beat a 182 is ludacris. No chance at all, would have to be a shocking drive in the 182 to let them do that. The 182 would pull alot harder, especially after 5k revs!! I have a vtr and its nippy (admitidly alot slower then a vts) , but still no where near the 182.

I have seen a CTR and a 182 cup have it out, and it was very very close, all down to the driver.

Wait till you get the 182, get used to the gear changing and show them what a 182 can do, that will shut them up!!!

Good luck, not that u need it!! :cool:

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
DarthCake said:
Liam, welcome.

I'm sorry I'm going to be blunt. Use the search function mate. Its been covered more times than beans on toast. Its boring, been done to death and causes arguements.

couldnt agree more, both are near identical on performance even after 100 it doesnt pull stupid lengths from the clio and the clio doesn pull stupid lengths on the ctr! both cars are down to the driver aswell,

have a little test you take your mates ctr and he takes your clio have a wee blast then swap back do the same then swap again

Black 182 f&f
welcome mate u will love ur 182 i have only had mine 6weeks an i love it there great cars an for the money its no bad with all the toys u get in it :D

Yamaha R6
You'll have fun with a type r... the others I wouldnt worry about unless they have performance mods..

1996 Valver
Cant understad why a gti/vtr are even in the equation.
My mate had a 106 gti, and it was I nice little car, nippy and handled well, but I beat him on loads of occasions in my standard Valver............and I would expect to get blasted by a 172/182.

Let them dream mate..............but think the CTR may be close/even beat you:quiet:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
but 172s/182s are defo much faster and way better looking and it proven you pull better birds! you never see a stunner get out the passenger side of a saxo!why?cause they are crap!172/182 forever

truffleshuffle said:
but 172s/182s are defo much faster and way better looking and it proven you pull better birds! you never see a stunner get out the passenger side of a saxo!why?cause they are crap!172/182 forever

LOL!

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
Aust1n said:
You'll have fun with a type r... the others I wouldnt worry about unless they have performance mods..

Don't normally go in for these which is faster type discussions but funnily enough on the way to work this morning had a wee run with a VTS and then a CTR. Youngster in a VTS driving it like he'd stolen it, caught him at a roundabout and I was comfortably pulling a sizeable gap in a straight line.
Same stretch of road later with a CTR, him in front, straight line, by the time we hit automatic ban speeds (on our private runway of course) he'd pulled probably 5 / 10 metres. Have a mate with a new shape Golf GTi he's slower by a tiny fraction to about 80 then he starts to pull, but if he catches me in the wrong gear from rolling start im dead in the water... those torquey turbo motors have a definite advantage...

Means nothing but it's fun to try now and again......

182 - Now Cooper S
truffleshuffle said:

you do know most girls dont really care too much about cars, my gf's ex had a clapped out peugeot 205 that looked like it was about to fall apart.

also i have a vtr as well as a 182 and i had loads of girls in that :cool:

its all about the driver. although persoanlly i do like having nice cars...:approve:

Snotter's
Type r should be slightly quicker,a std vts/gti shouldnt be a problem for the 182 but a vts with simple and cheap breathing mods will be very close and down to the driver.If the vts/gti has passengers then it wont touch the 182

Snotter's
I have a vts,my brother has a type r and my mate has a 172.Who ever said a valver would beat a vts must be on drugs.My brother had a valver before his ctr and my saxo was always quicker (not by a lot) also had a blast against a few valvers and always come out on top

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
running a 55 plate 182 at 25 and its killing me to run, truely modified thgh, it would prob toast a porsche 911 from standing start to 60 mph and to 100 maybe any1 in the area with a porsche like to try?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Theman_woody said:
running a 55 plate 182 at 25 and its killing me to run, truely modified thgh, it would prob toast a porsche 911 from standing start to 60 mph and to 100 maybe any1 in the area with a porsche like to try?

lol, just lol :)

MKIII 138
could just buy a 172cup and be the fastest RS and have a higher unsprung weight advantage with turinis or one better and be the ultimate and get a trophy with turinis unsprung and sash dampers, funnily the trophy doesnt get talked about much on here even though its the best clio out there and came 2nd in evo`s car of the year.
i think its a sore spot for some 182 owners.

(pulls pin runs and hides)

Focus ST
I think there should be a guide for people to use, explaining how to FOOKIN use the search facility in this forum. How many times have we all covered this....SORRY rant over.

Give em hell. Just get use to the car before you start challenging everybody. :)

Renaultsport Clio 182
Theman_woody said:

What power have you got out of your 182?

Are you aware that even a basic early 996 Carerra 2 can hit 100mph in under 11 seconds and the later ones were faster?