ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Warped Disks -advice please!

Hi! Done 10k now in my 182 and the disks are quite warped (cos the steering shakes all over!) Only thing is, theres not that much wear on either the disks or pads.

Is it worth having them skimmed or should I just buy new disks from german and swedish car parts?

Opinions please!:)

Clio 197

I take it you get the wobbles only under braking?

In which case, Id take it to the dealers.

Make sure your cars immaculate in and out, so that it looks well-looked after.

If you get no joy, and they try to blame-it on you:

New pads and discs to go-in!

I got a full-set of front pads from Halfords for £24 (halfords own, which are identical to the std renault ones).

Discs arent that expensive... you might as well go for brembos from GSF.

check:

wheel nuts
wheel balance
disc screws
caliper

discs are unlike to warp IMO

gsf brembo HC discs are great they are about 60 a pair.

/y0z

Great thanks for all the comments!

Its just under braking - strange thing is that it wont always do it on braking from speed but it always prevents me from coming to a smooth stop(kinda on/off even with constant pedal pressure). Will jack it up later and have a good look around with the wheels off.

Cheers

The Tube

If the disks were warped youd get a feeling coming up from the brake pedal, a sort of vibrating which would be more intense at speed.... It doesnt sound to me as if your disks are warped...

I do-but only sometimes! It was really bad last weekend with the brake pedal vibrating (not ABS kicking in) and the steering shaking (two hands!).

I might just go for new disks and pads on the front anyway cos the brakes have been poor since I got my car 5k miles ago. My old diesel focus stopped better!