ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 with Cup Packs, Eibach sportlines suspension set up, advice needed!

Clio 182 FF Cup Pack
I have a BG 182 with both cups pack, it's got Eibach Sportlines with standard shockers, and after feeling that the handling was not as sweet as it could be I booked in with a 4 wheel alignment place near work. This is the printout:

IMG_0343.jpg

Now I am not seeking perfection, as to be fair the car drives reasonably well as it is, but I just think it should be better, and have even considered going back to standard cup springs. If there is anyone who is able to cast an eye over the results and make any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. From what I can gather the 'specified values' are the standard 182 Cup parameters, therefore with it being lower this should vary anyway. I don't know enough to be able to decide what to do, and whether anything other than toe can be adjusted, i.e. camber? The car feels skittish, tramlines and doesn't corner (in my head maybe) as well as my old 172! Thanks in advance

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i got mine done today and i have sportlines with a whiteline arb and it feels brilliant now its all straight as a dart. what tyres do you have on it?

Clio 182 FF Cup Pack
Pilot Exalto on the rear, Hankook V12 on the front. Inside edges of tyres are pretty worn too on the fronts suggesting a lot of negative camber.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i have just grabbed my paper printout i got from denmead tyres, and as james28 says your left and right camber are different my front and left are both between -40 - 43 and they didnt have to alter only adjusting front toe on mine.

Lionel Richie
worn tyres on the inside edge has nothing to do with the camber, you won't notice that camber difference

swap the wheels front to back, what tyre pressure are you running?

Looks to me like the garage have brought up clio III (possibly 197) settings for comparison. The caster and Steering Axis Inclination values in black are not right for 182.

Anyway that doesn't matter as they have only been able to adjust your toe, it was toed in before and now its a little negative which is pretty much spot on now.

I would check your nearside lower arm ball joint for excessive play. Sounds like your handling and tyre wear is more down to worn parts than alignment to me.

Clio 182 FF Cup Pack
jengis - thanks i will take a look at that, it seems a real struggle to find a place that actually knows their stuff!

Clio 182 FF Cup Pack
thanks Fred, running tyre pressures as per manual, 33F 30R iirc. Swapping the fronts for new Michelin PS3s very shortly. Having driven the car since the geometry check, it does feel much better.