ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 with V6 air box - should there be a cold air feed?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
As per the title really. Mine came with what i beleive is a V6 air box? Now should there be a air feed going to it?

9a9a14d5.jpg

I have a short bit of tubing as seen above. Is it worth trying to run something to behind the lower grill?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
On the work computer so can't see the pic. I ran the espace V6 box with a 9" pipe coming off towards the back of the headlight. I tried no feed, a small feed to headlight and one down to the foglight, No feed and the filter felt hot as soon as I stopped, small feed seemed fine, foglight feed actually added a small resistriction according to the RR operator.

in real time driving all felt the same.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mine just has a short bit of pipe to just behind the headlight and infront of the battery. Just a couple of inches. When i look at it it just seems it must be no better than a open filter unless alot of cold air rushes up behind the light.

clio sport 172(ish)
fitted mine by removing spot light removing one horn and fliping the other up out of the way and bingo! made the grill from an old chip basket lolcar%20001.JPG

Golf GT & A4 Avant
leave it as it is.

Andz, make sure the feed from the fog isn't direct into the filter, works and breathes much better if it is just directed towards the filter and not the only source into it.

clio sport 172(ish)
leave it as it is.

Andz, make sure the feed from the fog isn't direct into the filter, works and breathes much better if it is just directed towards the filter and not the only source into it.
cheers i will try it