ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wont start..

Clio 182
Pulled up, left the radio on volume one for about 45 minutes, came to drive off and i heard a racket from under the bonnet (and wouldnt start).. sounded like behind the steering column, got towed home and it only had just enough juice to shut the window and lock the car..

G

Gregor11

Have you checked the auxiliary belt? Tried to jump start it, checked the alternator out put, test the battery?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What kind of "Racket" was it Lee; beeping, clicking, metallic rattle?

Firstly check the battery and alternator condition and then look for any loose/broken wires.

Mick

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
Have you not tried bumping it? Battery probably drained. Noise wise, the tb can go a bit mental on low power. Not majority noisy though

Clio 182
We tried to jump start it from the other car, it just made the clattery noise worse, there were also weird beeps with the clattery noise..Both belts were done about 10k ago.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mate I'd offer to come out but I'm with a Megane Cup car today.

Want to sell it yet? Seriously, interested.

Mick

Clio 182
We bump started the car tonight, ran it for 10 minutes and then shut it off.. on the off chance i tried the ignition after, and it fired up without any fuss...

Ph2 Flamer
Has your battery died b4? In my experience once a battery has gone flat it's never quite the same again and won't hold as much charge. If you only had the radio on for 45mins on minimal volume and it drained the battery it sounds like thats the case and you just need a new battery.

Clio 182
Yeah for how little it will cost for a new one, i might as well.. its the first time ive had problems with this battery though..

Golf GTD Mk7
Check it's charging properly. With winter on the way, batteries always take a hit. Having a spare won't be a bad investment