ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

18s on a clio 2

im sure it can be done but why? besides, those baby brake disks inside those huge rims will look bad. hope u have at least rear disk brakes....

i recently say a very nice mitsubishi evo7 with some nice bodykit and 18s. the effect was somewhat spoiled by the sound of the diesel engine...

Quote: Originally posted by CzoneClio on 10 March 2004
18s on a clio 2, Anybody tried it ? How easy/difficult is it ?

Im thinking of getting some chrome Vault alloys so you wouldnt be able to see much of the disks neway.

Its already been droped 60mm im jus wonderin if its gona be possible to get them without any arc work needing to be done?

Mk2 Golf GTI

The brakes are good enough as it is, they come off a valver and gtt iirc.

Get bigger disks czone, get over yourself crono

18s will gon on but i dont know how many problems you will have in the long run

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

u will need arch work for 18s + 60mm drop mate, i know some one whos done it. will look gr8 thou

Mk2 Golf GTI

Not necessarily, my mate had some and had no rubbing. You need the correct width and offset to pull it off. 7" width

Width ways 7.5" (195) should go on ok shouldnt they ?
Im sure my current wheels are 16" 195 45
Im not exactly sure what the offset is :oops:

2002 Clio Dynamic

I have 18s with a 40mm drop on my clio and i didnt have any probs,have also seen a 1.2 with 19s and a 60mm drop but dont know how much work was done to the arches!

I just stuck mine straight on!

Just cant drive about with any fat burds in the back now!!! lol

Mk2 Golf GTI

7.5" would be 215mm wide tyres

Your best bet is to find something with a 7" width

Some of the mille miglia range, dare v2s, arospeed(5 spoke ones, duno the name)

All sounds encouraging people jus wish Id looked into it myself all those years ago when I got my 16s from halfords and they said nothing bigger than a 16" would go on,
Has anyone got any picks?

Mk2 Golf GTI

that cars not mine, the lad who owns that said his tyres were 205/35/18 as the wheels were a 7" width, the tytes were falkens as they have an angles side wall for extra clearance. Im not sure if that size was correct though, as ive never seen 205/35/18s. Speak to the company called wheel base, theyll sort you out

Mk2 Golf GTI

The PM he sent me...

spirez how you doing. first thing i have not got a clue what the offset of the wheels are but ill get to that in a bit. i do know that i had to find the thinest tyre in an 18" you could get or it was going to rub on the rear arches, now alot of people may say different but if they havent done it mate dont listen to them. go for a 205/35/18" by falken there a bloody good tyre and not bad in price either. anyway the alloys were for r-tec in hatfield they sorted out the offset for the alloys ( dare v2s) me and the tyres (falken) as a package deal for £1000 fitted .
r-tecs no is 01727 790100

as for lowering it thats the easy bit. mine had a 30mm drop when i had the 18s fitted but wanted to go 60mm. any good car shop will get you PI lowering springs for about £70 and you dont need shortend shocks either. i fitted the springs myself its not that hard, the front a bit tricky but not hard.
and i can drive mine with five people in and shes fine mate not a peep.:cool:

as for the acceleration its ok it aint no scud missile but still nippy. top speed around 110 flat out.

one last thing if you do get 18s and lower it 60mm theres a bib of metal in the rear arch on the drivers side that just caught my tyre give it good wack with a hammer and flatern it ( dont worry it dont do sh*t ) or it may carve up your tyre a bit.

let me know how you get on via a PM or if you need any more info or someone to lower you motor let me know ANDY.

Suzuki SV1000S

When I had my old 1.2 16v (y-reg) I had 17s on it with a 60mm drop and that was fine, But when I went to R-tec to have fitted they said that 19s would be fine with NO arch work, Just said it would probably rub if I had people in the back.