ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

19 year old ph1 172?

How much of a a&& raping do you reckon the insurance will give me?
id be 19 with 2years NCB and full liscence for 2 years!

Estimates?

Should i go get the vaseline?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Depends on the area you live in. Putting your folks on will bring it down.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Hope this doesn't come across sarcy, but surely the best way to find out would be to get an online quote? There are too many factors to consider, your job, your postcode etc to give an accurate figure, or even an estimate really. My postcode doubles the quotes that most other people would get for example.

audi B5 rs4
i dont think it will be to bad mate, me and my mrs are paying £900 a year and we are 22 and 20 with no ncb on the policy and some points, just hunt around and avoid comparison websites as they charge commission.

yes ive done the comparison websites! they reckon nearly 4K with quickfit! but they reakoned nearly 3K on my1.2 and i got it for 1200 first year! no points, live in suffolk countryside, not garages, paid 900 for second year on me 1.2 i was thinking jus shy of 2k?

Mondeo ST220
Try a few different companies. Only way. One 19 year old may be paying £500 another may be paying £5,000. It really does vary so you just need to get your own quotes. Try www.moneysupermarket.com and then try getting quotes from the individual companies that come out cheapest on there. I always find that the best method.

^^ I've done all that! I've been on here long enough to learn thats what to do first, as well as search! i was just interested in what other 19 year olds where paying! Not in how to get online qoutes that as i said mean jackshit until you phone up!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I was 20 with 2 Years NCB and stuck my Dad on the Policy and I got it on my 182 insured for £10K Value at the time for £1400 Fully Comp

I'm Suffolk aswell

^^^^^^ read ??
yes ive done the comparison websites! they reckon nearly 4K with quickfit! but they reakoned nearly 3K on my1.2 and i got it for 1200 first year! no points, live in suffolk countryside, not garages, paid 900 for second year on me 1.2 i was thinking jus shy of 2k?

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
just had a accident involving my car and a other both write offs :(
Was hoping to buy a 172 also! but had to go down to 1.2.
Anyone else here 21+ with a accident at their fault with insurance prices on 172?
kwik fit = £4k more or less, score! :|

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
^^ I've done all that! I've been on here long enough to learn thats what to do first, as well as search! i was just interested in what other 19 year olds where paying! Not in how to get online qoutes that as i said mean jacks**t until you phone up!

PMSL:lolup::lolup:

Why don't you pick up the phone and get a quote if you think the internet ones are mean jack s**t. Its not rocket science!!

Dear me:rolleyes:

BMW M5 & E36
:lolup:

Thats good??? Or you could just be a little patient and build up some no claims and driving experience on a 1.2......

I choose to pay it, so what?

I didnt say it was a good price, I said that admiral/elephant were good, in relation to others.

You don't know me, so keep your comments to yourself please.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
i payed 1700 on me 19th bday 2ncb i put my mum n dad on my policy dropped it by over a grand shop about some1 will sort you out

320d
You will be able to get insurance for circa £1700 i'd think mate. Thats the most i'd pay, intend to get one in August but don't want to pay more than that, otherwise i may be tempted to go for something else like a saxo vts or something.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
I choose to pay it, so what?

I didnt say it was a good price, I said that admiral/elephant were good, in relation to others.

You don't know me, so keep your comments to yourself please.

Imagine if that was the way forums worked? :rolleyes:

The Wings of an Angel
:nono:Just to humour you, indulge you as I do,:star: spoke to Adam at Lifesure, who's been there over 5 years, and no amount of cajoling or pressure would even get them to refer it to the underwriter. Asking, are you absolutely sure? He said 150%. I said look mate, I was driving a group 9 car at his age when only 2 people in the whole UK would insure me, don't tell me it's not possible... He said, there might be a possibility, if he lives beyond 21......:rasp:

320d
:nono:Just to humour you, indulge you as I do,:star: spoke to Adam at Lifesure, who's been there over 5 years, and no amount of cajoling or pressure would even get them to refer it to the underwriter. Asking, are you absolutely sure? He said 150%. I said look mate, I was driving a group 9 car at his age when only 2 people in the whole UK would insure me, don't tell me it's not possible... He said, there might be a possibility, if he lives beyond 21......:rasp:

He's obviously an idiot. A ph1 172 isn't that much of a risk they're only worth £2500ish.

The type of accident you have due to a fast car is when your going to quick down a country lane and hit a tree or something.

I'd be interested to see what percentage of accidents in higher group cars are single car, i'm thinking that tpft insurance should be far cheaper than FC for higher grouped cars.

At the end of the day you have the same chance of losing concentration and running into someone at the lights in a 1.2, 172, Vee, Evo, Veyron etc.

BG 182 FF
I was 19 and had 2 years ncb last year an had everything ready for a clio sport but the insurance was £2500 cheapest i found :( i am waiting till i am 21 cos i cannt afford that not even spread over monthly payments :cry:

120d M-Sport
The only way you will find out bud is to check the band of your postcode, all the people on here who have brill quotes live in the posh places of UK lol...

I got quoted £4800 TPFT on my PH1 172 with 0 NCB, @ This rate i might end up paying that lol, its only cos i live in the 'areas' tho :rasp:

Im 19 aswel btw, so anything under £3000 is a good price id say!!! :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The only way you will find out bud is to check the band of your postcode, all the people on here who have brill quotes live in the posh places of UK lol...

I got quoted £4800 TPFT on my PH1 172 with 0 NCB, @ This rate i might end up paying that lol, its only cos i live in the 'areas' tho :rasp:

Im 19 aswel btw, so anything under £3000 is a good price id say!!! :D
The postcode thing annoys the hell out of me, and thankfully insurers are starting to stop using it.

My postcode is high risk, simply because they only go on the first section and that spans a wide area of halifax, from million pound mansions to bad council estates, i live in a very good area, yet insurance is still quite expensive.

At the same time my grandma lives across from a high school, lots of dodgy people hanging about and some crime, but because her postcode only just goes over into her area and mostly covers small villages which are really good areas it would be cheaper for me to insure it there.

Stupid!