ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 and 200...How much difference is there?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
One day when you pull alongside a 200 with recaros you will then realise recaros are a must.

interior is pauper spec without- but each to their own.....

S

GTD, Lupo
Guess if you spend that amount on some seats then you have to try and justify it to everyone you can....

The standard seats are fine, they are even shaped slightly like buckets anyway.
I have hit corners hard and not once has the seat not held me properly.

Recaro's would be a nice upgrade I agree, but a must....that's just rubbish.

Guess if you opted for the standard seats then you have to try and justify it to everyone you can.... :eek:

Very small price to pay for one of the most amazing features of the car.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Guess if you spend that amount on some seats then you have to try and justify it to everyone you can....

The standard seats are fine, they are even shaped slightly like buckets anyway.
I have hit corners hard and not once has the seat not held me properly.

Recaro's would be a nice upgrade I agree, but a must....that's just rubbish.

So very true.

They're deemed an absolute must have for the CS sheep just like Silvervisons LOL

If being 'held in' is what makes a good driving experience, the standard seats are more than adequate. They even cope on track just fine as well.

Plus, after 30k miles the standard seats still look like new...which I don't think many people can say about Recaros.

And the standard seats sit you lower...so they're better all round really so long as you're happy to absorb the abuse on here for buying a terribly specced car!

200 is better. 197 is cheaper.

If you get a 200 make sure you don't get a pikey spec. So good seats and good wheels.

Also avoid one that's been covered in prit-stick and reversed into Halfords for a spoiler.

GTD, Lupo

If you get a 200 make sure you don't get a pikey spec. So good seats and good wheels.

Also avoid one that's been covered in prit-stick and reversed into Halfords for a spoiler.

Prit-stick? you referring to the horrendous stickers people seem to stick all over them? Hate that one that people never seem to be able to stick in the right position just in front of the rear arch.

Prit-stick? you referring to the horrendous stickers people seem to stick all over them? Hate that one that people never seem to be able to stick in the right position just in front of the rear arch.

You must be really young if you don't know what prit-stick is! Lol.

I meant the horrible Cup spoiler.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
One day when you pull alongside a 200 with recaros you will then realise recaros are a must.

interior is pauper spec without- but each to their own.....

S

Lols! Buying a 200/197 without Recaros should be nationally mocked.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Put a seat cover on them. Worked for my Frp. Bolsters were perfect because I had a snap on seat cover on it. Believe me they work.

Clio RS200
Guess if you opted for the standard seats then you have to try and justify it to everyone you can.... :eek:

Very small price to pay for one of the most amazing features of the car.

Yep i did choose to have the standard seats, the recaros did nothing for me.

Having owned cars before with bucket seats, they are just not comfortable on long drives and simply not worth the money.

They are there for show in my opinion, i would rather more comfy seats and a few extra quid in my wallet thanks...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FLOL @ the concept of them being "must have" seats to look at and then covering them up with a cover cause the bolsters are fragile, you really are entering into the realms then of having seats in your daily just so you can show it off twice a year at FCS and CSS and get CS approval, lol

Personally I really like the recaros but can totally see where devilsadvocat is coming from.

It's the same as any other thread.

If you have them - They're essential.
If you don't have them - They're a waste of money.

Same as the arguments about cup packs etc etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You won't have a few quid in your wallet come sale time that's the difference. Me and about 10 others a year ago were talking about it an none of use would buy a 197 without Recaros.

Yep i did choose to have the standard seats, the recaros did nothing for me.

Having owned cars before with bucket seats, they are just not comfortable on long drives and simply not worth the money.

They are there for show in my opinion, i would rather more comfy seats and a few extra quid in my wallet thanks...

So being 'Devil's advocate', if the Recaro's were a no-cost extra, you'd choose the originals?

I genuinely look forward to getting into mine every morning. :eek:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's the same as any other thread.

If you have them - They're essential.
If you don't have them - They're a waste of money.

Same as the arguments about cup packs etc etc.

^this man knows!

Same with 172 cup vs non cup too.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I like you.

The 200 is a vastly better car to drive. I almost bought an R27 new but it didn't grab me. The 200 did... so I did.

You have to have one with options though... and PLEASE avoid that bloody awful Cup spoiler.

I actually find the Recaros comfier than the standard deck chairs.

I did a 16 hour drive from Le Mans to Manchester in one go. Zero complaints.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
And you bought Recaros.

Yup. To be fair, I went apesh*t with the options list. I don't understand why you wouldn't. What's another few grand on a PCP deal?!

You'll see 50% of that returned when you sell privately anyway. Pauper spec FTL.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
THere are 5 back ends you can have on a 200

Plain- 5/10 looks bare

GT Spoiler 0/10 - GASH

Cup Spoiler 8/10 great from some angles - ugly from 1 or 2- but adds to the spec list

Eila Spoiler 9/10 this seems the best from all parties ( KTEC Supplied)

Hoop Spoiler 5/10 Not sure on this one-

S

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Strange as I love the Cup spoilers, wouldn't have got a 200 without it tbh. All personal obviously but I've had a lot of compliments from randomers saying the spoiler sets it off.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
They're probably not over 21 though, right?

Other than my friends which obviously are between 21 & 25 all the randomers have been petrol station type scenarios ranging from probably 30 to late 40's.

Listerine & Poledo
R27 with full livery and bodykit, in LY.

or a 200 Silverstone / Raider (with Tomtom, not RSy0! meter)

Clio RS200
So being 'Devil's advocate', if the Recaro's were a no-cost extra, you'd choose the originals?

I genuinely look forward to getting into mine every morning. :eek:

I would probably have the recaros, buy some standards and swap them and sell the recaros.

I don't want bucket seats, I don't find them comfortable and I see no use for them on the road other than trying to show them off.

Although driving a french car is nothing to show off about, recaros or not...and I have owned 6 french cars over the years yet I can't seem to drag myself away from them to a better made car.

Nissan 350Z
They're probably not over 21 though, right?

I'm 33 and much prefer the look of a spoiler on a 197 and 200. It looks naked without it for me.

Some cars suit spoilers, others don't (E36 Coupes for me there, but I'm probably in the minority, MX5s etc).

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
dsc_0753_f.jpg

Should be called the duck-arse spoiler, but I quite like it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cup spoiler Awesome
ktr spoiler /\
gt spoiler |
No spoiler \/
Non sport gt spoiler Not awesome

Recaros are a must tbh...

If you buy second hand, get one with recaros. It'll hold the value better. You'll be firmly held to your seat in style* :cool: and you'll be hailed as a hero on here

If you buy new. It'll hold it's value better, you'll be firmly held in place in style :cool: and you'll be a hero

*the standard seats are just as supportive as the recaros... The only reason to spec recaros is honestly; because recaro

Listerine & Poledo
Hold on, which is the spoiler with the RS endplates?

That one, that's the good one... yeah?

Ly Megane 230 F1
Cup spoiler Awesome
ktr spoiler /\
gt spoiler |
No spoiler \/
Non sport gt spoiler Not awesome

Recaros are a must tbh...

If you buy second hand, get one with recaros. It'll hold the value better. You'll be firmly held to your seat in style* :cool: and you'll be hailed as a hero on here

If you buy new. It'll hold it's value better, you'll be firmly held in place in style :cool: and you'll be a hero

*the standard seats are just as supportive as the recaros... The only reason to spec recaros is honestly; because recaro

I plan on been a hero! haha..

Alot of the discussions on here sway me more towards the 200!

Leon Cupra 300
I'm still looking for Recaros!!

Didn't put me off buying an otherwise perfect car (no aero pack/spoilers etc etc) when they can be added later!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I plan on been a hero! haha..

Alot of the discussions on here sway me more towards the 200!

I like you :eek:

Tbh, drive them Both and see which you prefer.

An r27 will be easier to find in hero spec than a 200

I think you want ly do this comment is null lol; the only real factor id see which warrents an extra £3k would be if you want alien green or storm grey.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Im not in a hurry to buy one now i have a work van to run so i want to make sure i find one that has everything if not just about everything i want in one :). I have emailed a dealer in newcastle(6hour drive for me) who has a 11plate storm grey,i.d roof.recaros,black headlights but no cup pack sadly :(