ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 and Trophy in this months EVO

the 197 is 0.2 secs slower than the trophy.

say that it isn't as adjustable which hampers it.

interesting how the 197 was quicker on the old circuit than both 182 cup and trophy, but this time round it struggled.

both got whipped by the JDM Civic Type R tho which is a monster!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
This result is gonna cause arguments. Puts perspective on all the 197 owners saying that the 197 is clearly quicker than the Trophy in the corners.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LOL .2 of a second slower is nowt. LOL at the people who said the 197 is slow ;) And also the trophy is the ultimate 182....... if its just a regular 197, it should be against a regular 182 ;)

Last edited:
^^^

it is The CUP that they use!

can't comment about the trophy, but personally i still think i'd be able to corner quicker in my R27 than my old 182. the grip is just immense!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Calm down people. It just gives a bit of perspective. The 197 is pretty much as quick with a big dose of refinment, the Trophy has pretty much the same pace but it's more interactive. You pays your money, you takes your choice. I'm sure the 197 owners are happy with there cars, ditto the Trophy owners.
Make love not war. Save war for the civic owning cnuts.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
^^^

can't comment about the trophy, but personally i still think i'd be able to corner quicker in my R27 than my old 182. the grip is just immense!
You wouldn't believe how much quicker and stable the Trophy is through the bends, especially if the surface is rough.

clio trophy No56
^^^

I understand what your saying, i can corner alot quicker in my Trophy than i could in my old 182, straight line speed is more or less the same but on the corners the Trophy is mint.
I cant comment on the R27 but i have heard good thing about them, i quite fancy on to run along side the Trophy.:cool:

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Although to be honest.

Who uses their car for racing.

And I don't mean a track day once a year.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I see we are all STILL arguing over fractions of a second....:rolleyes:

Im sure a 197 Cup owner will have as much as fun as a 182 Trophy owner....and thats all that matters in this day and age...having FUN.
God knows we need to try and enjoy our cars with this goddamn country doing its best to kill them off...

Let it go people FFS...:)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
lol we must let this go!!!! :D

but this is cs so we will discuss this for the next 5 years tbh.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
but what about the 172 cup?! surely even quicker than the other chav chariots and the refined 197? ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Why use Bedford is my question???

Take a look on pistonheads under the trackday section, it gets slated:S

Diesel was quickest:S

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I'd have expected them to be pretty even to be fair, but personally I think I'd be quicker in a 197 than a Trophy. S'why I bought one :) That and push button starts are awesome :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why use Bedford is my question???

Take a look on pistonheads under the trackday section, it gets slated:S

Diesel was quickest:S

Think they use bedford because it's easy to get regular exclusive use, and no racing so the surface stays consistent. Personally always had a good time at bedford, a lot of 'hardcore' track drivers seem to dislike it as it's low risk.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd have expected them to be pretty even to be fair, but personally I think I'd be quicker in a 197 than a Trophy. S'why I bought one :) That and push button starts are awesome :D
I think a lot of people come from a 182 and drive it in the same way. Get in one with someone who can push it (Steve!) and you'll be gobsmacked. I was.

For all the talk of 182s being so much quicker in a straight line, it really puts into perspective how the ultimate 182 couldn't put much more than a baw hair between it and a 197.

0.2 of a second?
Could probably be down to how much water the driver had drank or pissed out between runs.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For all the talk of 182s being so much quicker in a straight line, it really puts into perspective how the ultimate 182 couldn't put much more than a baw hair between it and a 197.

0.2 of a second?
Could probably be down to how much water the driver had drank or pissed out between runs.
Given that the 197 runs wider rubber, has a wider track, far better brakes, and a pretty similar power to weight, it should tear the Trophy a new one. I think it shows how impressive the Trophy is/was.

Maybe...
It seems there are some strange results though.
I'm most surprised by the Megane diesel being quicker than both. Can't say I'm happy with that!

The CTR was quicker still. Even more unhappy with that!

0.2 of a second?

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."
--- Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) --- 2001

:rasp:

0.2 of a second?

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning."
--- Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) --- 2001

:rasp:

PMSL!

Brilliant quote!!!