ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 CUP or Alfa romeo brera

B

bluebell

MY neighbour is getting a Alfa Brera next week and is digging me all day about how it can take my 197 CUP... of course i am saying now way with a back end as hefty as that theres no way it will beat my baby:rasp: i have obviously challenged him to prove it so we will see.... Keep you posted but if anyone wants to further my evidence against the alfa and prove my 197 CUP is the better option then please feel free to post away....... :approve:

B

bluebell

Better.... most defiantely the CUP in looks and performance 0- 60 of the alfa i think is bout 8 seconds.....

Depreciation is something that make turn him a slightly grey colour so il try that one :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What a strange thread.

I'd actually have both. Not sure what would win!

If you don't like Brera's you're a homo.

R26/200 Raider
At one time would'nt touch one with a barge pole, reliability was shocking. Unfortunately mud sticks and Alfas became a no no hence depreciation. The great news today is that later generation cars are very reliable but still suffer massive depreciation. So you now get a cheap stylish saloon with good reliability thrown in just don't buy one new. As for a 0-60 shootout the cup would have it licked and in the handling dept also.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
For looks the alfa gets my vote.But a car to enjoy owning,reliability and a decent drive then i would take the clio...

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
As a day to day car I imagine the Alfa is much comfier and nicer to drive but the cup will hand it it's arse in a straight line and through 'the twisties'

B

bluebell

I like the reposnse straight line arsed kicked.... :D cant get more to the point than that..... have that neighbour!!!!!!

Not sure how no one has asked this already...

What engine does the Brera have? If it's the 3.2 Q4, you're stuffed.

Swift Sport
I've driven a couple of Breras, although they feel less like a Punto than some of the Alfas I've driven they're still typically sh*tty imo. Renaults aren't exaclty leaps ahead but I think they're significantly better when it comes to the overall package.

Clio 1970000000
I thought this would be a thread about which car you were going to buy. Both look nice but I wouldn't be surprised if the Alfa's build quality made our French sh1tboxes seem well made :eek:.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Plus, the Brera's not a good looking car from any angle bar the front.

Look at it from the rear three-quarter and it looks like a dog, sh*tting.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Plus, the Brera's not a good looking car from any angle bar the front.

Look at it from the rear three-quarter and it looks like a dog, sh*tting.
I'm not sure what to say, I always thought you had taste.

2009-Alfa-Romeo-Brera-White-1280x960.jpg

Stripped yozza'd cup
The Brera is a stunning looking car and sounds glorious. But they're not even close to being fast. The Clio will tear it a new bumhole.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I agree with Emo, it's not a great looking car imo! ok from the front and it's arty but it doesn't excite me.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Anyone who thinks it's a pretty car from this angle has been brainwashed, whilst on the Brera Bandwagon.

alfaBrera_7.jpg

Swift Sport
What is the Breras ID anyway?? Coupe? Hot Hatch? Tourer?

...Trouble is, it is really any of these things is it??

M3 SMG
I dislike Alfas, and especially Brera. Hideous machine that looks like a squashed frog. From what i have read in press i dont think they are a drivers car IIRC.

Id have the Renault and a smile on my face ;)

B

bluebell

There will defiantely be a smile on my face when i pass him ........ maybe a wave as well.......:D