ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Matched Inlet Manifolds

172 5HED
i have another 197 booked in for this work, which will hopefully kill the speculation. If you want booking in please email me broster@jam-sport.co.uk this is easier than pm on here as my inbox fills quickly and sometimes pm's get over looked.

mark

I will mate, very good of you that!! As said, if you can show me these gains I'll put it right on here, and be pretty happy in the process :approve::approve:

172 5HED
Jimbo I want to know these results!!

Ill find out off Paul anyway so just posting "interesting" wont help! PM if you need to keep it secret!

Hi Guys,

I've booked my R27 in @ Jam for the inlet work on Thursday, my car is not mapped and has a Milltek exhaust.

and..................we will see
Demon

Clio 197, 83 mini
Right noob alert here!! I know this is an old thread but I don't understand what people mean by matching the inlets, I've only ever driven a 1983 mini before this year so this is my first "modern" car is it just the casting edges that get machined a away to give a better airflow? I am good with cars and all that just don't understand this thread? Thanks will

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's port matching the lower inlet manifold to the cylinder head.

inlets_3_f.jpg

inlets_1_f.jpg

Clio 197, 83 mini
Oh that's excellent I get it right away great pictures :smile: I can see how there is a performance gain better airflow etc! I think I better contact jamsport about this! Thanks alot :smile:

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Oh that's excellent I get it right away great pictures :smile: I can see how there is a performance gain better airflow etc! I think I better contact jamsport about this! Thanks alot :smile:

Those pictures are of the 172 manifold tho, and show the worse case scanario.
Casting was improved in the RS manifold fitted to later 172's and 182's.

Clio 197, 83 mini
Ohh cool, yeah mine fits into the later category I think haha, certainly worth looking at now I know roughly what it involves thanks for the info and replies

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
MS Custom Engineering are doing 172/182 manifolds ported and painted for about 200 quid.
They do polishing bits as well so you could push the boat out and bling up the engine.

172/182 manifold:

666_500_csupload_63297311.jpg

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
What sorta gains are there on those ported inlets for the 172? Don't you need to port the head too for the best results?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
What sorta gains are there on those ported inlets for the 172? Don't you need to port the head too for the best results?

Totally depends on if you have the later RS stamped lower-manifold, it's better cast so offers little in the way of gains.
The earlier manifolds show some modest improvements.

I'm sure you would see better gains with head work, but the cost of doing that Vs slapping on some new manifolds is vastly different.