ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/R27 Recaro's Not Fit For Purpose?

VRS
Just been reading the thread over on renaultsport, cant believe the seats are wearing so quickly!

reports of worn side boltsters, rusting sub frames :(

not good

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21914

its a shame as the seats are mint :) maybe if they were leather like the corsa vxr's they would be better protected?

if any 197 owners are having recaro trouble i would get on board with this lot as they will probably be putting in a complaint to renault

VRS
the list so far:

Chris197sport - worn seat cover, creaking seat
Paul_197 - worn seat cover, creaking seat
kaosbabylon - flaking paint on the subframe
Davetidy30 - worn seat cover
martin182 - worn seat cover & creaking seat
trailerparktrev - rusting subframe
nikc - rusting subframe
sausagesandwich - worn seat cover
RS_Clio - worn seat cover
gareth197 - worn seat cover
stuie182 - creaking seat
darren2910 - worn seat cover and rusting subframe
Big Ash - worn seat cover
k9 - rusting subframe
MRP - worn seat cover
MikeeB - Rusting Sunframe

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The Recaro's in My old Demo was starting to wear after 2000 miles!!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
fookin hell thats sh!te! be kicking ar5e down local renault..... let down by one of the assets they have

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I think both lots of seats are rubbish to be honest. we have a trophy in at the mo and we have had nothing but problems with the seats.

Clio200 EDC Lux
I think the main issue is the bolster is solid and has no "play"when getting and out unlike the standard 197 seats, also the material appears to have the consistency of toilet roll.

As for the paint flaking and bubbling that is disgraceful obviously they had the cheapest paint job on them with little or no preperation / rust proofing.

If I had the recaro's in mine it would be parked up at the dealers and I would refuse to have it back until it was sorted!

197 Cup (JAWS)
Iv finally just been notified of a 197 Cup in white with Recaro's and now this........ It just gets worse man !!!

Clio 182
I'd be straight back to Renault playing hell with them... I mean 14k+ for a new car that noticeably wears after 2 weeks? Sod that.

'18 Megane dci
Can't believe they are wearing like that! blimey. I know they are sexy, but not sexy enough to have sex with ! ;)

Brisol my lover..
i drive these cars all day long and as soon as i saw those seats you could tell they wouldnt last, thats why i didnt have them...

106 GTi
Bloody hell, that said the ones in the Demo car at RWS etc where falling apart around the belt guide guides on the back rest so not surprised.

ST
Mine is on 5,920 miles and the seats are fine...

People should learn to use the seats properly or loose some weight so they don't have to rub over the side bolsters..

Ad

MK2 FRS
If you lookat the leather versions in the RS4, they crease very heavily in a short space of time in that area. However at least its not wearing through!

ST
how do you explain the rusted subframes? that not down to how the owner gets in and out of them lol

Poor finish from manufacturer, can't argue with that..

I don't know why it bothers you so much if you don't even own a 197 or a a set of Recaro's...i really wish people would stop pickinh holes in nearly every aspect of the 197 its getting old now.

VRS
doesnt bother me at all fella, read the thread on rs posted it up on cs incase anyone else is having any problems!

if the rs lot manage to sort summut out from renault then at least anyone on here can use it as a reference point!

im not knocking the seats, i love them, far better in terms of position and grip over the old trendlines, just a shame so many people are finding faults with them :(

and the reason i dont own recaros, well the trendlines are too soft and sit too high, the sportsters are faulty ;) Misanos FTW ;)

how do you explain the rusted subframes? that not down to how the owner gets in and out of them lol

Poor finish from manufacturer, can't argue with that..

I don't know why it bothers you so much if you don't even own a 197 or a a set of Recaro's...i really wish people would stop pickinh holes in nearly every aspect of the 197 its getting old now.

TBH it's perfectly fair to raise this topic, as clearly people need to be aware that if they have or want those chairs, they will need to look after them extremely well. Pretty pure show IMO, and nothing to do with picking holes in the 197 - just public information on a Clio forum :)

ST
Misanos are awesome in whatever form tbh...

Yeah some are having problems, but as per reno wont do anything about it so same old story with them we have to lump it i guess.

VRS
Misanos are awesome in whatever form tbh...

Yeah some are having problems, but as per reno wont do anything about it so same old story with them we have to lump it i guess.

i know quite a few have been offered replacement pads, frames, initially they were offered replacement seats but then it was reduced to just replacing the parts that were effected.

all this said, most have been waiting months and still no sign :(

would it be something to take up with recaro themselves perhaps?

ST
Yep good old reno but hey its ok because even if you buy a 'premium marque' it seems their service at times isn't up to scratch either..