ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 GTi
Looks are still not growing on me, awaiting a test drive, prices and options though.

Focus ST
When are they out??

I don't intend on gettin one, just wondered when all the racin threads will be comin out. 182 vrs 197 (micra lol).:evil:

Nissan 350Z
I dont like it either. It just looks wrong. I almost did like it when i first seen the concept but somehow its not quite ended up looking like it did in the concept.

Also its heavier, and after parking my 182 next to a mk3 clio the other day, its sure to have the ride height of an MPV - no kidding, but the mk3 looked as if it was almost 6 inches taller!

ff 182
When are they out??

I don't intend on gettin one, just wondered when all the racin threads will be comin out. 182 vrs 197 (micra lol).:evil:........... think there due out 1st of next month..thats what i was told at harratts renault in wakefield...i think they look pretty cool..

Bye Bye 182....
Apparantly they are slower than the 182. The extra 15bhp is to account for the extra weight its got to cart around. (And Im not talking about the Mrs! LOl :S ) I dont like it at all.

Golf GTD
looks of the mk3 grow on me everytime i see one on the roads, agree they do ride a bit high, but a nice set of coils will soon solve that ;)

if i had a choice at the minute, i think i'd take a 182.

Ad

MK2 FRS
has grown on me seeing it in the renault magazine today.

There is goona be a long options list though, only AC as standard and 15995 OTR is quite pricey!!!

Dave (Smokey McPot) - let me know if No.123 comes back up for sale. As ever.

I'm going to look into the 197. I never really took to the Mk2s in the same way I did to the Mk1s (even though I had a Ph2 172 and currently have a Mk2 1.2), but I find the basic design of the Mk3 Clio is more appealing.

I'd be in a position to buy a new 197, but also to have something like a Clio Williams tucked away should the right car come up!

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I'd like to see on ei nthe flesh yes, but from all the pics I've seen to me it don't look to hot.

Clio Williams No123
Ben H said:
Dave (Smokey McPot) - let me know if No.123 comes back up for sale. As ever.

I'm going to look into the 197. I never really took to the Mk2s in the same way I did to the Mk1s (even though I had a Ph2 172 and currently have a Mk2 1.2), but I find the basic design of the Mk3 Clio is more appealing.

I'd be in a position to buy a new 197, but also to have something like a Clio Williams tucked away should the right car come up!

Will do, i was very close to selling him last month. Its had £1000 worth of work since christmas, new steering column, alternator, brake bias valve and various sundry things.....it was all getting a bit much, then i had a problem with the engine cutting out as a knock on from the alternator issues.

At the moment its running sweet, and im as happy as i can be, but its amazing hos annoyed you can get when things break :D

Tom Rigbanks said:
They will be faster on track than a mk2 purely because of the brakes.

If it stops quicker than a standard 172 I'll eat my hat. They may not fade as quickly but I still can't see one getting round a track faster.

Turbos.
I'd be seriously suprised if the new one is slower round a track.

In a years time you'll be all talking about how the 197 is the bees knees and that the 212 is crap :rolleyes:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
ukaskew said:
If it stops quicker than a standard 172 I'll eat my hat. They may not fade as quickly but I still can't see one getting round a track faster.

It wont stop quicker than a 172, as the braking distance is more related to tyre to tarmac friction, rather than pad to disk friction. However, it wont get brake fade, so for example, on the ring it will lap quicker where the 2 pots of the 172 would fade as the lap goes on they wont on the 197.

Anyone who has done any serious running on track over long runs will understand this.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I will not be getting a 197. I'm not really sure if I think it's a better car in the first place and my next car is going to be a step up not one to the side.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Tom Rigbanks said:
They will be faster on track than a mk2 purely because of the brakes.

reviews say not!!

faster on 0-60 iirc but not around a track. those brakes cant make up for the stupid amount of weight its carrying, being there 6 air bags etc!

Is the 197 being sold yet? or delivered? I'm 100% sure I saw a black one being driven like a tit around Kilwinning.... had small (silver) writing at the right hand side of the tailgate and looked as if it had the rear air diffuser thing at the bottom of the bumper? Was I seeing things?

Bye Bye 182....
still think it looks like a bag of w@nk and nothing anyone says will change my view on that. 182 all the way anyday.

I dont think the 197 could give me the same fun as my 182 ' A smile a mile'

BMW Z4 3.0i
Smokey McPot said:
The venturi ducting that produces 40kgs of downforce will help :D

I'd be surprised if it had as much effect as that. 40kgs at it's top speed maybe. The effect of the venturi at the kind of speed you'd be driving on the streets? None...

M140i
my_cougar49 said:
still think it looks like a bag of w@nk and nothing anyone says will change my view on that. 182 all the way anyday.

I dont think the 197 could give me the same fun as my 182 ' A smile a mile'

No-ones driven it yet!!!!!!!!! Give it a chance, everyone seems so keen to put it down and yet nobody has been near one!

BMW Z4 3.0i
We probably deep down all want it to be rubbish because we don't want our own cars to become "the inferior old model"!

MINI JCW
GazCB said:
We probably deep down all want it to be rubbish because we don't want our own cars to become "the inferior old model"!

It wont be rubbish, I dont think Renaultsport has made a bad car yet