ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

'92 172, Lotus Elise
yeh ^^

I've got a solid dogbone on there that ive wound to be shorter than standard too

driving me mad though

here's what i've ended up with:

DSCF1325.jpg

It works, but I don't like it - a) because of having to use a solid dogbone and b) it's all one piece, meaning if any of it gets damaged it will be a ballache to fix!

My plan is to remove the solid dogbone and fit a standard one

I'm then going to get a new centre section (straight through again) and have it bolt on to a downpipe.
I want the downpipe to be similar to what I have now, but with more of an angle on the manifold flange to allow for the standard dogbone. I'm also going to fit a flexy section to it. hopefully this will fit and not knock!

I might also make a space for a cat... might make MOT easier...

Another thing worth doing is to weld on a nut to the side of the downpipe to fit your lambda in. this makes changing it in the future a doddle :cool:

only qualified members need apply, and you need to prove it gray :rasp:

website will be online sometime in the near future ;)

Mk1 F4R
Looking good mate, looking forward to seeing it at marham when we go and yet again ill try and keep up lol
like they say if you cant beat them, join them, and i did and you moved on once again lol and did something better than me :rasp:

BMW M5 & E36
Drove 350 miles yesterday in the Fiesta weapon to go and fetch these from Maidenhead. Roadside exhaust repairs on the way home made it slightly eventful. Only 7 hours driving :sleepy:

Original Mk1 Cup racer Speedlines, rumoured to be a lighter/stronger magnesium alloy than the standard Williams wheels. 4 wheels with road tyres, 1 wheel with a Dunlop slick, then he gave me another slick to I've got a pair of them

06092009781.jpg

Then I FINALLY made a bit of progress with the engine loom. Been delaying it for a good while now so Im quite pleased with myself. Not done, but started. Crap photo, sorry.

06092009782.jpg

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
Be interested to know the weight of them, as my 1st set of williams wheels im sure are lighter than the 2 sets i bought this week, not that you would ever know from driving on them

BMW M5 & E36
I did notice some of yours were the Prima replica wheels. I'd imagine they weigh more than genuine speedline ones.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
the highly technical way of weight measuring i used known to most as 'carrying them from the car to the garage' they all felt exactly the same, i knew that 4 of them were the prima ones, but as all i wanted was another set of 7x15's i wasnt worried about being genuine or not, they look the same lol

ValverInBits
I expressed an interest in those wheel ages ago, but the guy stopped emailing me back after a while. Glad they've gone to a good home. Scales required :D

BMW M5 & E36
They found their way onto ebay, I clicked buy it now within the hour. Nice bloke too. Used to own Northy's Cup car if he's reading.

BMW M5 & E36
Cheaper than a set of half decent Willy wheels goes for in any case, so I'm happy. Been after a 2nd set for a while now :)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Fantastic project mate, spent a few hours reading through and the work that has gone into this is awesome!

Congrats!!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
think the cups wheels weigh the same as a std willy wheel so that gonna be 7.2kg they are alot stronger tho. a prima replica was actually .1kg lighter than the official wheels being 7.1kg. this was from when someone had a set on Williams Clio and weighed them all

BMW M5 & E36
Will keep an eye out for the new Cup Jamie, no doubt see you about at some point :)

Cheers Jay. Not massively light, but good wheels for pub talk :D