ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oh, Daniel, if you read this. First pictures of either car out and about wins a curly wurly :D

Not fair!!!!!

I have been reading this buyt i'm so jealous of your rediculously rapid progress I chose not to comment! lol.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
congratulations mate :approve:

Not fair!!!!!

I have been reading this buyt i'm so jealous of your rediculously rapid progress I chose not to comment! lol.

you're not alone dan! i work at a pretty slow pace aswell :eek: lol

lol RAPID progress:eek::D i suppose having foxy around is pretty helpful;)

You do know they live 120mi away from each other :lolup:

Its this magical invention called MSN......:sleepy:

The conversion is now 100% problem free if done right, few things were changed as matteh was helping me along when I first did it, and now ive documented everything into PDF's ;) If you had all the parts, the whole conversion could be done in a weekend easily IMO. Wiring is all doumented to work with Mk1 interior looms, plug and play, and the only thing that needs fabbing is a downpipe.

Fired chris the PDF for the wiring, and when he got his act together and decided to spend a few hours on it following the guide, the loom worked perfectly first time :approve: (Well, once he connected the battery lol.)

ValverInBits
^ Hero PDF man tbqfh.

You got anymore accurate pin-out information on the interior loom connections in the engine bay jord? I need to know what's what and I think I've got a very old PDF of yours, but I don't think it's complete.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is not really on topic, but.....

Thanks to f0xy, Whitely, Matteh, geesus69 and Beanimoo my conversion has gone completely trouble free.

They told me all the parts to get, I fitted them, bolted in a battery and now it works. :D

I also had the added bonus of a complete donor car, but I do think that this is now a relatively easy conversion thanks to the above mentioned people.

BMW M5 & E36
f0xy.net PDF's were perfect. Massive help - cheers again for the millionth time!

And Andyrg for the ECU too if he reads this. We beat royal mail eventually.

Tonights update - I did nothing :D

BMW M5 & E36
My new battery turned up at work on Friday. Odyssey Extreme Racing 25. 7kg and alot smaller than I was expecting

IMG_2497.jpg

Size comparison to the standard battery (which weighs 12kg, thats another 5kg saved)

IMG_2499.jpg

Made a strap up to hold it down

IMG_2501.jpg

And it'll be sitting here. I originally planned to move it into the back, probably behind the passenger seat, but it keeps things simple leaving it there and being so small it quite easily sits underneath my filter

IMG_2503.jpg

Had a bit of a setback with the downpipe the other night. I've got a 172 Ph1 'donor cat' - this splits into the 2 cat boxes before the downpipe becomes horizontal, unlike the ph2 cat which levels out before going into the cat. So this left me with a slight problem. I took a selection of bits to the local exhaust man and asked him to put them together as I explained. He didnt fancy it without having the car there - so I bought a 45deg bend off him and went home to have a bash. I've used the top flange of the ph1 cat, my new bend cut to suit, and then my old valver decat to mate up with the centre section. Will be going back to him to TIG it all together properly and add a port for my lambda sensor.

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

Ph1 172 donor

IMG_2509.jpg

Also finished (I hope) wrapping the loom and making it look pretty. Got it all sat reasonably well and everything connects where it should. I've moved the ECU to sit against the inner wing under the washer bottle, as the battery is now where I originally planned on sitting the ECU.

IMG_2510.jpg

Wrapped all the way into the fusebox

IMG_2511.jpg

I had to run another wire into my alternator plug. This goes to an ignition live near the fusebox so meant I had to re-do most of the loom. This section of the loom isnt completely wrapped as I've not got a T piece yet for oil pressure sender/switch, so need to know where they are going to sit before I shorten and wrap the wires

IMG_2513.jpg

Brappppp induction setup sat over the top of the battery

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

Made a start to putting my Samco coolant hoses on. I had to shorten the thermostat to upper radiator hose slightly to allow for the smaller distance between the 2 compared to the engine being in a Mk2. Note- all hoses are blue, but for some reason look purple in my photos :S

IMG_2516.jpg

Current engine bay picture

IMG_2517.jpg

Current state of garage picture

IMG_2526.jpg

More tomorrow :)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Brake lines, alternator belt and rad bracket. THATS ALL I NEED!!!!!

Just not got the time....

I want a free curly wurly :(