ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

M

mini-valver

I really wish I had a garage like that, lol. My house is full of loom, cage, seats, engine bits etc and the car is in a 6ft wide driveway. Room much :(

Looks mint now lad, come a long long way!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I need to stop looking at this thread. I haven't even seen mine for 2 weeks. And its on my driveway!!

:(

BMW M5 & E36
Carried on fitting my coolant pipes today. I'm using a Samco set made for a 172/182, so obviously theyre meant to go onto a Mk2 heater matrix. Well the 2 ports on a mk2 matrix are the same size, whereas on the Mk1 they are two different sizes. This meant that the Samco fitted my upper matrix port, but was too big for the lower port. Luckily the pipe itself is the right diameter and is just enlarged at the very end to suit the Mk2 port, so I was able to just cut the end away and push on the pipe. Sorted.

IMG_2535.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

Top radiator hose which I shortened slightly

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

Coolant in and no leaks

IMG_2540.jpg

Centre slam panel section painted and bolted in. I had to drill through the existing panel and washer/nyloc on the inside. Radiator also fastened in using the finest RUR cable ties

IMG_2539.jpg

Sorted the wiring to the battery

IMG_2538.jpg

Cut out my bonnet

IMG_2545.jpg

Put a few panels back on including newer front bumper from BRUN's old Ph1. Yes, I did get a bit carried away with the rattle cans and decided to stencil F4R onto the radiator.

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

Fog light screws were rounded so I just hammered the light itself out. Looks quite funky

IMG_2546.jpg

A quick reminder of what the inside looks like

IMG_2548.jpg

And todays engine bay to finish with :)

IMG_2547.jpg

Oh, and it still starts and runs having chopped the loom about some since i last started it, phew. Under its own battery power now too.

Last edited:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
looks good, standard engine? and whats your plans for the engine?

carl

'92 172, Lotus Elise
nice!

should get through most of that next week? have you got a lambda mounting thing sorted?

I didn't ever get a callback from pirtek btw :( - will try to chase up again at some point

BMW M5 & E36
nice!

should get through most of that next week? have you got a lambda mounting thing sorted?

I didn't ever get a callback from pirtek btw :( - will try to chase up again at some point

Yep it should be on the road by next weekend, touch wood. I'm taking the downpipe back to the exhaust bloke who sold me the bend. He's welding it all together where I've tacked it, and also adding the lambda boss passenger side in the middle of the bend.

Cheers :)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Standard yep. Will remain pretty much standard too unless bits come up cheap 2nd hand.

Should run ok - no aircon/pas, straight exhaust, low 800kg's.

should be canny quick, the question is though....whos is faster, yours or f0xys.

fancy some catcam 420's? lol and is your cage an OMP cage? if so where did you get it?

carl

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can you not get a TVR type filter? Longer and thinner and won't rest on the battery.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Yep it should be on the road by next weekend, touch wood. I'm taking the downpipe back to the exhaust bloke who sold me the bend. He's welding it all together where I've tacked it, and also adding the lambda boss passenger side in the middle of the bend.

Cheers :)

thats exactly where mine is (except on the other side)

best positioning! :D piece of piss to change!

Nice!!! Cable ties are the best tool ever.

Nice steering wheel!!

Il give them a week before they snap, girly ties FTL ;)

Get some of them huge ones you had on there!

nice!

Pirtek are useless, they didnt even put part numbers on my reciept.

I have the huge pirtek catalouge at the factory, if its for the oil T piece I can find the part numbers in minutes...

should be canny quick, the question is though....whos is faster, yours or f0xys.

fancy some catcam 420's? lol and is your cage an OMP cage? if so where did you get it?

carl

His weighs more than mine, we will see whos is quicker in a few weeks ;)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
mighty impressed with the progress

also very jealous of how tidy the bay looks!

i need to get painting! lol

BMW M5 & E36
I now have a lambda! Big thankyou to Melvin :D

Also dropped off the downpipe for welding, picked up some gearbox oil and picked up mani>downpipe gasket and fixings.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FFS.

Everytime i open this thread i am greeted with more smugness and ''look how good I am''.

Cnuts all of you. ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I gathered you were something to do with tools....

(That sounds insulting, but its not)

I've decided to take a week off work soon to finish mine. Got a track day end of october i'm aiming for. You and Jordan will be getting pm's for your mobile numbers! lol.