ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

JDM Dc2
whats seats you planning on getting next mate!?... them ones what jord has picked up are pretty nice had a sit in them at tweeks yesterday, (like mine with the new cushions in LOL)

BMW M5 & E36
News about #2 Valver.... the Turini's sold to 'white striped bandit' off here at the weekend so It's currently rolling on my black Williams wheels lent from the track car. It also sports a protective layer of winter dirt.

IMG_3174.jpg

Nothing new to report on the other one, it's retired for the winter.

mk1 1.2 8v clio
just spent 5 and a half hours reading the entire thread! cant believe the amount of dedication and hard work you have put into this, And cant wait to see what you do next! Amazing work :)

BMW M5 & E36
Thanks. I bet it's a long old read from the start of the thread now.

I can't wait to see what happens next either!

:)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just read this from the start (man flu ftl) Awesome tbh. I need to talk kev steve into doing something like this. He needs something to do as he cant play with the 200 too much ;)

ValverInBits
sick! that's a touch bigger than the ones you were looking at. Get a cheap air gun just to blow stuff out with. Reet useful.

BMW M5 & E36
I'll get stocked up with tools over time, theyre not cheap mind. Yeah bigger/better than what I was looking at Mark, its a 100L 3HP 13.2CFM jobby. Should be upto spraying looking at the ratings of spray guns Gaz :)

BMW M5 & E36
Well, I had plans, now I'm not sure. Feel like breaking the car at the moment and starting something fresh whilst I can.

:sleepy:

BMW M5 & E36
Right then, some progress to bring us upto date.

Started stripping the car down. Doors off, boot off, windows out, sunroof out etc. The seats have already been sold so they'd gone previously:

IMG_3140.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

I'd bonded the rear polycarbs in before which caused a bit of hassle for taking them out. They needed to come out because of my plans, which include painting the interior again. The window came out easy enough, but it left all the adhesive still on the shell, so I scraped that off with a stanley blade or 2.

IMG_3148.jpg

This left a bit of a mess, so that'll have to be touched up a wee bit and I'll use fixed window rubber surrounds next time:

IMG_3147.jpg

The next stage is quite drastic. I've never been 100% happy with how the cage fitted in the car. The OMP footplates were appalling and I wanted to re-do them. To do this, the cage obviously needed to come out. With it being a weld in cage I had to cut it. Not ideal but there we go. Whilst it's out I'll be adding some more tubing in various places. More on that another time.

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

A few more cuts and..... gone.

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

This allowed me to set to work on the footplates. As you'll see, I have a fair bit to do and plenty of grinder discs to get through:

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

Used to look like this:

IMG_3159.jpg

Anyway, that was now out and put to one side.

IMG_3198.jpg

I had a re-shuffle of the garage and tidied up a bit, and moved the car into the middle so I can get at both sides easier.

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

Just to show how light the rear end of the car is, note the position of the jack in this photo:

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

Then I took the engine and gearbox out. I'll be fitting a new 'box over the winter as mines been crunching nicely into 3rd for the past few months. Ideally I wanted a 172cup box, but I've got hold of a Ph1 172 cheap enough so I'll see how I get on with that.

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

And thats pretty much it for now.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice progress! Although I bet it's a bit demoralising pulling everything out after all the time you spent building it up!

Mk1 F4R
cheers for coming down with those parts verry much apprechiated, cars looking abit sorry for its self now.

As you seen yesterday wish i had that much space in my garage :dapprove:

BMW M5 & E36
Nice progress! Although I bet it's a bit demoralising pulling everything out after all the time you spent building it up!

It really is. Part of me keeps thinking 'why did I bother messing with it', when I could have quite easily just parked it up as it was for a few months and forgotten about it. All the progress I've just posted happened about a month ago, since then I've barely touched it!

I want it back on the road in March/April, Whiteley F4R Mk1 V2.0 :cool: