ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1994 172'd Mk1 Valver Track Car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I went and collected them for my mate. I bought Schweppy's off of him.

I'm some mate mind, 8 hours that took me!

BMW M5 & E36
I'm tempted just to get myself one and sack the passenger off. Not that my passengers ever come with me anyway...

Does your mate want to sell Ben's?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm tempted just to get myself one and sack the passenger off. Not that my passengers ever come with me anyway...

Does your mate want to sell Ben's?

Show/track/commuting car so no dude.

I will keep my eye out though, going to combe on tuesday and they sometimes have some ex demo's knocking about.

Mk1 F4R
Here you go mate your new suspension turned up today along with mine

Fk Konigsport coilovers
fully adjustable damping

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

BMW M5 & E36
It is yep. I wanted KW V2's ideally but couldn't justify another £400 or so ontop, especially with having to modify them to fit aswell.

Unsure on top mounts just yet. I've put my name down for an AST group buy, whether that'll happen or not I dont know. I've not really looked what else there is available for similar money to be honest.

They'll more than likely sit in the box for a few months now anyway!

Want me to get them machined then? No doubt Burrrrr will ask me about his too anyways...

AFAIK AST are the only ones that will go on without drilling holes in the strut tops and all that (Mark Fish/Ktec etc?)...Mine have been spot on this year anyway

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It is yep. I wanted KW V2's ideally but couldn't justify another £400 or so ontop, especially with having to modify them to fit aswell.

Modify?? In what way?

I've got FK's on the 172 and i'm really impressed on the road so far. (Not on track until december so will make my final decision then)
I too wanted KW's but tbh, for the 4/5 track days I do a year it probably isn't worth the extra dollars.

Unfortunatley its not as easy as opening the holes out with a drill bit on the FK's though, due to the holes being slotted....easiest way is to just mill 0.5mm off every edge of the hole on a cnc cutter/mill.

Other coilovers with simple fixed holes on the shock end would have been easy to do

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sorry to spam Chris...... LOL!

Jord, is there any way to hold them on a milling machine?? I used to do that for a living so should be easy. I'd be too worried about damaging them though.

BMW M5 & E36
No worries, it makes my willy feel big!

I just did the old shocks in my pillar drill, but as said it's different with the holes being ovalled.

Used the vice bolted down to the table, then the 'non threaded' part of the coilover in the vice, doesn't really need to be too tight as its not like your taking huge chunks of material off...

Coilover on its side so to speak, so the holes are flat/horizontal to the tool. Just did one side at a time (obviously making sure the coilover face your machining is parallel)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ah ok. So theres no chance of me damaging the unthreaded part of the shock?? ie Squeezing it too much?

Although I'd have thought Theres not much chance of that if i'm careful I suppose.

Nah itl be fine, just dont do it mega tight...just nip it up and it will be plenty enough to hold it....only taking 0.5mm off the edges of the hole after all

BMW M5 & E36
Ooh yeah sorry mate, i read it on my phone and forgot to get back to you later on. They'll be available though for sure. I'll get some pics when i take them off.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
My tool box in work is becoming too small now, and here is proof that after removing badges from buses that are being re-painted, dont leave me near my box when im bored!!

17092009729.jpg

BMW M5 & E36
Always enough time for a brew!

Car has been SORN'd and tax refund on it's way. I'm currently making plans for a few winter alterations for the car too..