ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Car, Euro style-inspired Renault Clio

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
im not a fan i have 1 lol, over done to the hilt and there sooo 2007 lol im sorry

Chappers btw there not ph1 lights there custom ph2

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im not a fan i have 1 lol, over done to the hilt and there sooo 2007 lol im sorry

a true story, but i dont think your case counts......sorry,

a different colour maybe? white??

sorry to thread steal, but i want to find a standard ph1 grande to measure the lowness :D

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
care to elaborate on that view lol??

not a fan of black roofs?
img0825zs1.gif

is that a chop? or have you had it done?
gotta get the spoiler done too man :p, can doit yourself its piece of piss.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
thats a photoshop dude,

spoilers already black, came from the scrappy that colour, and i thought it looked good so never had it painted lol

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
so atm you have a blue roof and black spoiler?
go for the black roof if you like it man, matching mirrors too..side strips gloss maybe?

it would suit the colour of your car.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i started to think that after seeing that shop,
only problem is, im not spending any excessive money on the roof, id have it wrapped at MOST, the roofs got dents, looks like someones walked over it, so would be a waiste of time spending too much on the body work of a no hoper,

will wait till i get some money and find a minter before i do my true euro project, :D

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
exactly what ive just done mate.
cut my costs on a no winner and bought something in better shape.
got some wkd plans for my polo.
gonna get a thread up when i start messing with it.

maybe tomorow lol

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
DO IT!

worst thing is with many more years of college/uni to come,
and my reluctancy to get a job...

i cant see any minters on the horizon. so i keep spending little amounts on mods for this one lol, does me for now tho so hey,

anyway, back on topic,

chappers, stop beating round the bush and DECK IT ;)

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
your car looks pretty sweet anyway man. and who looks at the roof :p

yeh we'd better stop spamming this lads thread lol

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
well with the current ride height, the roofs the first thing you see!

but i love that deep down.

I will mate, just still in sixth form and work around 6-8 hours a week on £4 an hour :dead:
Would like to get it done for xmas but mum and dad dont have a clue!
I'll use xmas money and get it done :rasp:
Cheers for the pictures.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
£4 an hour? Christ... Where do you work mate? Im 18 completing A levels full time of course and work part time at £4.80 an hour earning roughly £60 a week!

To be honest I dont think a black roof would look great! You could spend the money on other things! To be honest your talking £100 to get it done! When you get it lowered it will make such a difference in my opinion!

Definately add front fog lamps as it will make a massive improvement on the front along with your new dual optics and add some clear side repeaters :)

Job done! I have lowered my car by 40mm with standard shocks and its quite a comfortable height! No trouble yet with speed bumps etc, its a bit crashy over the odd bad holes in the road but in general driving I dont notice it!

I hope Santa is good to you mate so you can make some further modifications

£4 an hour? Christ... Where do you work mate? Im 18 completing A levels full time of course and work part time at £4.80 an hour earning roughly £60 a week!

To be honest I dont think a black roof would look great! You could spend the money on other things! To be honest your talking £100 to get it done! When you get it lowered it will make such a difference in my opinion!

Definately add front fog lamps as it will make a massive improvement on the front along with your new dual optics and add some clear side repeaters :)

Job done! I have lowered my car by 40mm with standard shocks and its quite a comfortable height! No trouble yet with speed bumps etc, its a bit crashy over the odd bad holes in the road but in general driving I dont notice it!

I hope Santa is good to you mate so you can make some further modifications

Working at the only shop which happens to be in my village...
A chip shop lol

I wasn't going to do the black roof, that was when the other lads hijacked my thread ;)

Im booking in at JMS after xmas all being well to have V maxx Coils fitted, so I'm looking forward to it!

whats the plans for your car now?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
LOL i work in a chip shop too which is just down the road from my house in our small village :D Your car is going to look awesome of coilovers then! How old are you anyway? At 18 you should be getting the minimum wage which i think is £4.77..

Im not to sure what else to add now since ive added the common mk2 ph1 mods. Im thinking ph2 side strips which should just be a straight swap with my car since its a 1999 model :) Possibly a twin exhaust the exact same as Tommy_G's euro styled car, check out his thread if you haven't! OR maybe an induction kit from k-tec so it sounds quite nice!

How many miles is on your car at the moment? I hit 89,200 today and its made me feel a bit sad lol but its still going like clock work! Luckily the owner before me was a mechanic so its had a good service history

LOL i work in a chip shop too which is just down the road from my house in our small village :D Your car is going to look awesome of coilovers then! How old are you anyway? At 18 you should be getting the minimum wage which i think is £4.77..

Im not to sure what else to add now since ive added the common mk2 ph1 mods. Im thinking ph2 side strips which should just be a straight swap with my car since its a 1999 model :) Possibly a twin exhaust the exact same as Tommy_G's euro styled car, check out his thread if you haven't! OR maybe an induction kit from k-tec so it sounds quite nice!

How many miles is on your car at the moment? I hit 89,200 today and its made me feel a bit sad lol but its still going like clock work! Luckily the owner before me was a mechanic so its had a good service history

Not 18 til March mate :dapprove: min wage is over a fiver i think?
58k miles, not too bad and i only really drive it on the weekends as its cheaper to get the bus to school..

I'd imagine an induction kit will be cheaper than an exhaust, and make the engine sound nicer :rasp:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I'd imagine an induction kit will be cheaper than an exhaust, and make the engine sound nicer :rasp:

if ure really skint drill the airbox LOLOL

cars gona look good on coilovers if you get some! ;) i might try get some after xmas, 60mm still looks so high :( haha

White 1*2
hey mate, ive had a look through. so glad you got shot of the lights lol get some stretch on those rims and deck it and she'll be nice :D butt..... if you wanna properly cut it... sell those rims as they are the poor mans bbs to many people, i dont mind them for a budget car but at the end of the day they are non split bbs look alikes,

i think a set of porsche fuchs on here with red centre and polished lip would look the dogs mate! google those wheels :p

hey mate, ive had a look through. so glad you got shot of the lights lol get some stretch on those rims and deck it and she'll be nice :D butt..... if you wanna properly cut it... sell those rims as they are the poor mans bbs to many people, i dont mind them for a budget car but at the end of the day they are non split bbs look alikes,

i think a set of porsche fuchs on here with red centre and polished lip would look the dogs mate! google those wheels :p

Im going to get it lowered after xmas, but I'll stick with the fakes for a while :D
I've been told before but no-one I know knows the difference between fake and real splits and cant really afford new wheels! School takes the p**s..

Havn't updated my thread for a while, mostly because I havn't done anything to the car with exams being so close.

Thought I'd update with what has been done in the week because I've been a busy boy!

Spotted a sport interior for sale on ebay, and contacted the seller Wednesday.
The buyer was Flooky who is a member on here, so I arranged to pick the seats up from Gloucester on Thursday night. Headed down there and got chatting with him, Top bloke! picked up the seats for a great price and he chucked in some AG leather care.

Got home and began fitting at 9ish, didn't finish til midnight!

Sorry about the dog photos -
28826_10150183692685290_826765289_12996258_1049759_n.jpg

Old seat covers that did me well!
28826_10150183692715290_826765289_12996262_5808602_n.jpg

One in
28826_10150183692735290_826765289_12996264_7053841_n.jpg

both
28826_10150183692735290_826765289_12996264_7053841_n.jpg

I then headed down to JMS on Saturday morning to get some coilovers fitted.
arrived just after ten and James told me Tom had just gone home from being in the workshop all night!

So left the car with James after having a nose around the new manifold in the car :rasp:

Came back and the car was set up nicely for FCS and to be able to carry people in the back :approve:

31186_10150185367605290_826765289_13054484_1242179_n.jpg

Some pictures of the night before FCS:

how the height was before:

12444_298801190289_826765289_9560056_5732045_n.jpg

12444_298801205289_826765289_9560057_644861_n.jpg

12444_298801220289_826765289_9560059_1860647_n.jpg

And After :cool:
31186_10150185367640290_826765289_13054487_1068519_n.jpg
:

31186_10150185367655290_826765289_13054488_1556896_n.jpg

31186_10150185367675290_826765289_13054490_884692_n.jpg

31186_10150185367685290_826765289_13054491_2565532_n.jpg

Some at FCS

29926_10150184658540290_826765289_13027917_4596796_n.jpg

29926_10150184658405290_826765289_13027903_1910419_n.jpg

29926_10150184658855290_826765289_13027960_2521588_n.jpg

Comments welcome if you like fake splits ;)

Clio Mk II
Do all Lenso BSX fake slpits ;) fit clio's? Most BBS's dont seem to be big enough to fit over the HUGE centre bore. Im looking at a set of lenso BSX's for 350, Is this reasonable and will they fit my clio?! Thankyou

Do all Lenso BSX fake slpits ;) fit clio's? Most BBS's dont seem to be big enough to fit over the HUGE centre bore. Im looking at a set of lenso BSX's for 350, Is this reasonable and will they fit my clio?! Thankyou

I'm fairly certain that if they are 4 x 100 fitment they should fit a clio, but don't take my word for it! You can get a set of the 15" for 550 including toyo t1-r proxes tyres, so if you are looking at paying 350, they shouldn't be very old, no lacquer peel and some decent tyres left!

Jap Box
haven't updated this in a good 10 months so will be getting up some photos after getting it back from spraying this week ;)

Looks good so far :) you going to colour code it completely? Ive got a new bumper here that im going to attempt to smooth own slightly and then fully colour code. Thank god you changed the rear lights back from them ghastly ones.

Got any other plans?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Nice update mate :) I reckon you should get the coilovers wound down a bit more ;)

Don't worry about carrying passengers, low 'n' slow is the way to go!

Looks good so far :) you going to colour code it completely? Ive got a new bumper here that im going to attempt to smooth own slightly and then fully colour code. Thank god you changed the rear lights back from them ghastly ones.

Got any other plans?

At the minute I'm just getting the cup spoiler (not in the photos), the door strips, wing mirrors and door handles colour coded then if it looks like it needs the bumpers doing I will get them done as well.
Looking forward to the pics of yours done! When will you have that done by? Yea I agree with the comment about the lights completely! Was headed the wrong way before CS ;)

Nice update mate :) I reckon you should get the coilovers wound down a bit more ;)

Don't worry about carrying passengers, low 'n' slow is the way to go!

I plan to after uni exams ;) get it wound down on stretched tyres with some spacers and that should be most of the project complete!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Sorry if you've mentioned this before somewhere in here but where did you get the rear bumper light from? Is it just the light or the case thingy as well? Looks so much better than the standard one.

Btw, it's coming together now. Looks great!

Sorry if you've mentioned this before somewhere in here but where did you get the rear bumper light from? Is it just the light or the case thingy as well? Looks so much better than the standard one.

Btw, it's coming together now. Looks great!

Got the light in a group buy on here from a guy called Curley, could PM him and ask where he got them from!

Cheers mate

Jap Box
At the minute I'm just getting the cup spoiler (not in the photos), the door strips, wing mirrors and door handles colour coded then if it looks like it needs the bumpers doing I will get them done as well.
Looking forward to the pics of yours done! When will you have that done by? Yea I agree with the comment about the lights completely! Was headed the wrong way before CS ;)

I plan to after uni exams ;) get it wound down on stretched tyres with some spacers and that should be most of the project complete!

Should have it done next month ish depending on how much time I get free and how good the weather is because all my spraying has to happen outside :rasp:

Havent had a chance recently as ive just had to fork out £400 on repairs :( new clutch, rear drums, reverse light switch, horn, handbrake, exaghst :( basically a new car mechanically now though :)

In need to get my door handles done too but the one side of the car needs a respray so the colour wont match if I do them :(

After a week in the bodyshop, I got a lift down and the car was sat where I left it gathering dust... Another Trustworthy bodyshop!

Here's a few from the Castle Combe Performance Action Day on the CS stand

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

Here's one of my new badges for a bit of fun

IMG_0303.jpg

Comments welcome

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Dude I'm lovin' it! Good to see some good quality pictures :D

Whats next? Maybe front fog lamps and some spacing?

Ph1 1.2
love what you've done with that mate! not a huge fan of the alloys but the black and red theme works well..
think you should get some spacers to improve the stance, other than that MINT.

Luke

clio sport 172
the car has come on a long way since those awlfull lights, but loving the look of it now, looks spot on mate.

renault clio 1.2 tce
Would look 10x better if you didn't have tractor tires on it, looking good though! You did make me nearly regurgitate my super noodles when i saw them spaceship lights.