ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Car, Euro style-inspired Renault Clio

Got the ph2 lights on, got some quick pics:

14642_325641985289_826765289_9932122_7404806_n.jpg

14642_325641990289_826765289_9932123_1421583_n.jpg

Hoping mummy and daddy will get me something to lower the car for xmas :eek:

Still not sure whether to just get 40mm springs, 60mm springs, 60mm spring and shock kit, or coils.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._325641990289_826765289_9932123_1421583_n.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
V-maxx is what alot of people use they seem to do the job just right, to fit and set up should only take about 2 hours Imo.. others see it different, i may just be good at my job :approve:

and many people say colour code the bumpers imo dont bother the black breaks up the red and if you keep it all shiny will look great, u could mayb even paint the black parts gloss black to make it stand out a little more :p

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
get it on its arse,

however be warned with v-maxx, you get what you pay for, alot of people in the group buy had problems with the rear shocks detaching from theyre mounts :S

looks loads better with those lights dude.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
get it on its arse,

however be warned with v-maxx, you get what you pay for, alot of people in the group buy had problems with the rear shocks detaching from theyre mounts :S

forgot to mention that :eek: but they are good enough for the small price tag and putting a large washer on can solve that lil problem :p

V-maxx is what alot of people use they seem to do the job just right, to fit and set up should only take about 2 hours Imo.. others see it different, i may just be good at my job :approve:

and many people say colour code the bumpers imo dont bother the black breaks up the red and if you keep it all shiny will look great, u could mayb even paint the black parts gloss black to make it stand out a little more :p

get it on its arse,

Cheers for the info and the heads up guys, not too sure if i want to be crashing because of dislodged suspension!

what other makes are people getting for non-sports? I can only see people with 1*2 coils, maybe they're a waste of money on a 1.2?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Either buy a good seconhand set or don't bother.

Cheap coilovers will have you hating the car within weeks.

V-Maxx are fine for a 1.2, they re-designed the rear shocks to solve the problem of the bush falling out of them. Only thing I didn't like about mine was it didn't go quite low enough on the back for my liking.

S23

The Cleee-O
Looking a lot better now dude. Loads better than when it started out. :D As for lowering, I'd still strongly recommend V-Maxx's. Can go pretty low, and I find the handling is pretty damn gud :). I haven't had any problems with the rear shocks breaking either, and it get's used well and daily ;). My opinion anyway. No matter what you do though, Deck it! You won't regret it, 60mm I reckon if your gonna go for springs. :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
get vmaxx mate and leave the adjuster out of the rear and it will sit nice on the rear. look at my progress thread to see how it sits ;)

paint looks good!
change the lights!
cheers if you read before I changed them yesterday ;)
get vmaxx mate and leave the adjuster out of the rear and it will sit nice on the rear. look at my progress thread to see how it sits ;)
will it do any damage leaving the adjuster out?
60mm wont be nearly low enough if your going for a euro look!
not really going for all out euro, just using elements from the style, and if I went lower than 60mm, I'll be scraping round everywhere!

Clio1.2, C2 VTR, 1.9 MJet
defo paint rub strips gloss black, contrast is gud will work well on red, i went pearl black on glacier white and it stood out loads more, just like an idiot got sum tcut on recent painted work, n put it this way ruined a weeks work haha

Clio1.2, C2 VTR, 1.9 MJet
think sum1 mentioned gloss black mirrors, gud idea paint all ur bumper inserts and rub strips gloss mate, will look the nuts, if u need a 'guide to' on this give me a shout

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
not really going for all out euro, just using elements from the style, and if I went lower than 60mm, I'll be scraping round everywhere!

dont be a pussy and do it!!

im down aprox 90-100mm WITH laguna splitter,

and i dont scrape.........ok thats an outright lie,

but i rarely scrape on everything that isnt large speed humps, and high driveways, and god forbid roadkill!!

ill get a pic of how high mine is, on the same wheels so grounds for comparison! :p

dont be a pussy and do it!!

im down aprox 90-100mm WITH laguna splitter,

and i dont scrape.........ok thats an outright lie,

but i rarely scrape on everything that isnt large speed humps, and high driveways, and god forbid roadkill!!

ill get a pic of how high mine is, on the same wheels so grounds for comparison! :p
yersh pleassee :rasp: and what are you lowered on?
Mine on the same wheels 80mm low as poss on the back

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7817.jpg
looks good mate, again, what are you lowered on?
thats my main problem really, not sure what to lower it on :eek:
also how come you've got ph1 lights on?

You won't scrape unless you go SERIOUSLY low. My 1.2 was around 80mm down on coilies and didn't scrape anywhere at all.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
ive scraped a few times on the sills on the bumps at uni but it gets everyones attention, which leaves a smile on your face lol the splitter scrapes on speed bumps in widnes but its no bother

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
gash, took some phone pics today, but didnt realise how bad my phone was,
sorry,

p0112090959.jpg
p0112091000.jpg

lowered on custom springs, as i dont give a sh!t about handling on a 1.2!
and it was much cheaper lol.

i scrape sills on large humpers or if i ever dared drive up a curb (or high drive)
and splitter on ramps, drive, speed humper, and pretty much everything over 3" from the floor,

and have caught the sump once :S not sure what it was on tho, but the gearstick moved quite a bit lol,

but tbh, i love scraping :D (splitter and sills anyway) lets me know ive done the best i can,
and i love the attention it gets me, watching peoples mouths go 'fuk thats low!"

btw im on the same wheels as you, with 25mm spacers at the front, (needed camber to fit)
and 30mm spacers at the front, just to get that poke!

ill try n get some better pics tomorrow if its nice.

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if the spring falls out, the car will just land on the bump stop,

ive been over some big bumps n nothings fallen out so far lol,
i think youll have to go over an extremely large bump, and catch some air for them to actually fall out! and the front go around the shock so theyre fine,

though i do now have to jack the rear up by the rear axle :p

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
theyre not chopped lol,
theyre custom made coils, god even if i did cut my springs i wouldnt admit it on cliosport, you'd get burned to the ground!

266 for alloys?? who you with?? how much no claims??

i just renewed £520 fully comp with all my mods on :D 2 claims 3 points :S

haha ah right.. how did you go about getting them made?
only 17 see, with LV and they dont like 17 year olds who have just passed their test to have alloy wheels for some reason..
not thinking of getting a sport?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
theres a member on here that could have them made at the time,
sold loads of the rear 90mm ones,

ture on the insurance, 2k+ my first year cost, and i neglected to mention some of the mods at the time lol,

im only 20 now, and full time student so no sport for a while, quite liking how cheap she is to run tbh, 50mpg+ with no interior, cheap on parts and £130 a year tax :p

anyway, nipped out shopping tonight so got some better pick for ya!

img0834cx.jpg

img0835o.jpg

img0827h.jpg

img0829m.jpg

img0830z.jpg

img0832i.jpg

img0833g.jpg

img0831nh.jpg

apologies again for the picture quality, im not very good with a camera,
and tbh in these pics it doesnt look that low, i want to lower it more now damnit,
needs a clean to so please dont judge her :(

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
car looks awesome mate ^^ always liked it.
get those mirrors gloss black would look good.

cheers dude, want to do the roof black along with the mirrors if i ever get an income again :(

cars been put on hold for a while due to the lack of income :(

might try and give her a clean tomorrow and get some better pics if the weathers good :D

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo black roof!

i love the f**k me thats low look on peoples faces lol, chappers its 80 on the font and on the back its the lowest minus adjusters and thats on FK Highsport coilovers