ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Car, Euro style-inspired Renault Clio

Clio mk2 ph2
Deff needs droppin at least 60mm! then will look sweet, sort front bumper, put standard rear lights on and bobs your trumpet!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
They look like they are made from plastic lol

I paid £450 for my BBS RS... I should have bought some lensos... im such a fool lol

rant over!!:eek:

yea but winston baby yours werent polished up were they, which is what id want them like so would still cost, boring out, painting, polishing and tyres take the cost to well over £800 notes

Have a go yourself mate, get some sandpaper. I'd say start with a low grit to smooth the plastic down. I would use 40 grit but some may argue its too abrasive. Once the plastic has lost that plastic trim feel, get some 240 grit, then 400 grit until its smooth. Cover it in grey primer, then paint it and finish it with some 1500 grit. It'll save you £350, which imo is way too much. The £350 you put towards some coilies and slam it on its arse ;) Also, please change the rear lights. Lights that stick out from the bodywork look cheap and tacky imho, try some smoke or tinted lights.

Take this guys advice.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i wouldnt do your front bumper,

iirc the all black ph1 bumpers have the blanking plates accually in the bumper,
no option to upgrade to fog, which is defs a good look for the ph1s

Black Clio GT
Well as i said, I have been working on a budget and i am very happy to have these 'cheapo' fake splits, that were neither cheap, and do not look cheap either.
I didn't want BBS splits, as i don't have the time or money to be doing anything with them.
as with all alloy wheels, people like wheels that others don't. i am aware that you dont like my wheels, but i do not need to justify why i bought them!!
please attach a link of your project car.

dont get into arguments with a wheel *****, i have to agree that i would rather but money into a set of genuine splits and get them rebuilt with new studs but seen as your new to the scene ill let you off....... i think your on the right lines but lights have to go and drop it 60mm on springs if your on a budget all in imo of course ;-)

dont get into arguments with a wheel *****, i have to agree that i would rather but money into a set of genuine splits and get them rebuilt with new studs but seen as your new to the scene ill let you off....... i think your on the right lines but lights have to go and drop it 60mm on springs if your on a budget all in imo of course ;-)

taken your opinion on board :)
the reason why i didnt go for splits is because i wasn't sure where to get them from, and also i didnt have the extra amount of money needed to restore or paint them.
also its my first car so BBS's would have been a waste imo.
Definately going to lower, is it worth saving for coils, or can i get a noticeable drop with just springs, or do i need to change the dampers aswell?
help would be appreciated.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Depends on how low you planning to go, coils are gr8 value for money but as its your first car id just stick with springs, as iv said iv dropped mine on 40mm springs on standard shocks, id say any lower and you would be best off buying aftermarket shocks to go with it.

( My 40mm drop is hardly noticeable unless i have 15" wheels on and i have 16" >.< gonna try 60mm soon will post a pic up for you )

~Tunst

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
my mates got some 15" il "Borrow" them off his car when its in for M.O.T on thursday il stick em on my car and grab a pic :D

Edit: alot of people asked me if i lowerd it again when it was running on 15's so i guess its more noticeable :p

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
definatly go for coils if you have the funds mate. you could go for the 60mm apex kit from k-tec with the springs and dampers, but it wouldn't be much cheaper. mines is lowered 35-30mm but it doesn't look much !

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
CC'ed bumpers?? your not going to find any fully coded ones in your colour, so why not just spray the rear bumper you have??

got quoted for it, £300! and apparently because my cars 9 years old it might not be a correct match! so just going to wait til i find front and back as I dont have the money to spend on that... just bidding on the back one on the bay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280392581992&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:GB:1123
so probably just looking for front, and my front one doesn't have fog light holes, so if i wanted to do that the red cc bumpers will have slots already..
Im not really in a rush but would like to get it sorted really.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i thought that when ive seen ph1 black bumpers in the past, theres not holes for them are there?? looks like the blanking plates are moulded into the bumper.

good luck with the auction, are you going to consider filling in the ridge in the bumper at all?? give it the more smooth look?

the greyish-black bumpers dont have the slots for fogs, but im quite sure most CC bumpers do.
Yea probably will get some smoothing done eventually.
Does anyone know how much it costs roughly to get bumpers picked up by a courier?

Petrol Blue 182.
proper low spec ph1 bumpers are not part colour coded (like most ph1 bumpers, main part painted, strip where numberplate goes not painted) were fogs go its just and indent, where most ph1 bumpers have blanking plates in place

Petrol Blue 182.
I dont think any ph1 came with fully colour coded bumpers apart from 172? just the main part of the bumper was painted and the strip that runs along the bumper which has the number plate in it was black

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
none of the ph1s had COMPLETELY coded bumpers, cept the ph1-172,

just get some part colour coded ones and paint the rest if you want them,

you dont have to look for bumpers from a 1.4, and clio ph1 none sport will be the same, but if you wanted an exact colour match, i would look for bumpers from a similar 1.2

White Evo V
got quoted for it, £300! and apparently because my cars 9 years old it might not be a correct match! so just going to wait til i find front and back as I dont have the money to spend on that... just bidding on the back one on the bay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280392581992&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:GB:1123
so probably just looking for front, and my front one doesn't have fog light holes, so if i wanted to do that the red cc bumpers will have slots already..

Thats a load of sh*t about it being 9 years old and discoloured! A good painter can match any colour if he uses his brain and uses spray out cards! The fact that your car may have discoloured is true but they should buff it anyway nif there painting any parts on it! I always do with my jobs, especially if its a red car! I buff the whole lot then chip it up using colour chips and spray out cards! Ive never mis matched one!! IMO it would be alot easier to paint yours as then you can colour code the whole lot and not have the black bump strip!

Where U from? maybe I could do you a deal with the painting??

Last edited:
Near Gloucester mate, at least 2 - 3 hours from you :( dunno if thats any good?
Do you think you could get it to match and not look painted? if it works out cheaper than buying second hand from scrappies im interested.

Dodgy one

Interesting, Just painted my Dads door apertures, filled and painted a section of the rear door on his Trooper last night, Its 10 years old and the paints pretty much bang on, We know its been painted, but to look at you wouldnt know unless i said, Nicked the chips from work and mixed it up

All done in the garage, Which hadnt been blown out lol I sheeted the car up blew it in edge to edge Apart from 10 bits of s**t in it to flat off its fine

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Bin the chav-inspired lights, strips, wheels, springs.

Get Coil's on custom springs, bbs's, smoothed and colour coded respray from the Euro scene.

Job done... just my opinion of course ;)

Bin the chav-inspired lights, strips, wheels, springs.

Get Coil's on custom springs, bbs's, smoothed and colour coded respray from the Euro scene.

Job done... just my opinion of course ;)

Made of money?!
will eventually go for ph2 lights, but until ive finished the other bits, il put up with the ones ive got :)
would love to sort the car with what you've suggested, but im on quite a tight budget working about 6 hours a week for £3.53ph after school and on weekends :eek:

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I understand where your coming from, I work full-time and am always brassic myself lol. But like Winston kind of suggested earlier, take your time and use the money you have more wisely. Shop around for bits, and don't be afraid to have a go at things yourself. I didn't say your car was bad, just not 'euro-inspired' as you suggested.

fair point, it doesnt resemble a euro'd car at all, but what i meant by the title was that i've been inspired by the euro styling, and i plan on using elements of it :approve:
I think iv'e come to the point where i've realised just how much an all out euro'd car is going to cost tbh!
Cheers for the comments, i appreciate the advice and taken on board :D