ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Service Nightmare

The 172 went in for its 12k service yesterday, well £220 for the service.

My partner got a phone call at work, oh the bill will come too £511 in total. WTF.

New Pollen Filter, Rear Break discs have been locking, need to be cleaned. and two new front tyres which we knew anyway.

Has anyone else been hit like that on a 1st service

Matt

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

isnt the filter and breaks a warrenty job? Well not the filter, but dont they change that as standard???????

That is what i thought, but they have put it down to wear and tear. Well peed off, im in too minds to find out from Renault direct, we did not buy the tyres from there, got them else where for a lot cheaper. £187 they wanted for to michelins, told them where to go.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Question it mate.... cos surley if i was wear and tear they couldnt lock up???? lol

They quoted my friend £430 for a minor service on her 1.2 clio (oil, oil and air filters, and check over)- in the end, I took her to an independent place who charged £80 for the same job.

Same thing happened when my 172 was due for its first service at 10,000 - Renault wanted £200+, and I got it done for £70 at the independent - even had the privilege of watching them carry out the service at the workshop. The car has done nearly 20,000 now, and Im still on the original tyres (due to careful driving mostly); not much tread left, though :p

[Edited by A8KYP on 02 November 2004 at 9:09am]

thats crazy! I had renault look and sort my breaks for free on the warranty. Last time it went in for a new clutch i mentioned the breaks were squeaking when i let the pedal off, so they sorted that for me and without even asking the stripped out the read drums and cleaned them too cause they said they were making noises. i hadnt heard a thing.

So do you have to have the 1st service done by renault so it doesnt void the warranty, or do they just have to be genuine renault parts??

Ford Fiesta

they are trying to rip you off Matt, for a start the filter is something which gets changed every 12K anyway! phone them and tell them.

sounds like you got tucked up, did they ask before carrying out the work or just do it then ring you with the bill? i expect they charged a silly amount for the tyres as dealers seem to be really bad for overcharging on them

Well they rang my partner as she is 2 mins down the road, so she rang me and asked me before the work was carried out. But im going to get in contact with Renault main office to make a complaint as we have nothing but cr#p from this dealer since we have bought the car.

We did not get the tyres from them, they were trying to bulls#it us saying that the michellins are better, but got some better tyres cheaper.

Thought it was the air filter element that was replaced at 12K, not the pollen filter??

My local dealer forgot to order in the filter so just missed it out of the service. They had to own up when I pointed it out - I got them to come round to my house and fit it. They also left the oil filler cap off - they had to clean up the engine bay and I got £40 back off them. Actual service cost was a lot less than quoted here though - about £150.

G

Do they just change all these bits then tell you, you owe £££,s!!!!!!!!

Do they not say before they carry out the work?

Rob.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by gmdh555 on 02 November 2004

Thought it was the air filter element that was replaced at 12K, not the pollen filter??

My local dealer forgot to order in the filter so just missed it out of the service. They had to own up when I pointed it out - I got them to come round to my house and fit it. They also left the oil filler cap off - they had to clean up the engine bay and I got £40 back off them. Actual service cost was a lot less than quoted here though - about £150.

G

awful. and people laugh at me for checking under bonnet before leaving a garage after work doing. Ive heard of stories where garages have forgot to refill with oil!

the air filter and pollen filter (pollen filter under black housing at bottom of windscreen) gets changed at 12K on the renaultsport models.

[Edited by Liam182 on 02 November 2004 at 4:15pm]

going from the Jan 2004 service book:

2.0 RS clios=

spark plugs changed at 72000miles,

air filter 12000miles or every 4 years

cabin filter every 12000miles

accessories belt and pulleys every 36000mile or 5 years

fuel filter 144000miles

brake fluid DOT4 72000miles or 4 years

air conditioning, check/top up 4 years

Coolant every 72000miles or 4 years

[Edited by Liam182 on 02 November 2004 at 4:22pm]

Well look at this lads and lasses, I have started getting somewhere at last. This is from the Renault Sport Community, i moaned on there and i have ahd this response.

Hi Matt, Sorry to hear about the problems that you have had with your Renault Clio recently. I would like to help resolve the issues raised, although without more specific information regarding your vehicle, I am unable to comment further at present.

Please call the Renault UK customer services department on our freephone telephone number 08000 72 33 72 at your earliest opportunity quoting your case reference number 1-61932032. We look forward to speaking to you soon.

Renault UK Customer Services

Well it is a start.

Its about time Renault put there dealer network in order, although the dealer i use for mechanical issues has been pretty good, but if id had some of this issues with dealers like most of the people on here i definatly wouldnt of bought another renault. I use Ilkeston Co-Op reno in ilkeston, they dont sell renos but they are a renault minute service centre.

Well an update to this matter.

Got a response today from Renualt UK, they are sending out a voucher for £100 for the problems we have had with the dealer and the car.

So would have preferred a refund of a £100, however, the voucher will do so cannot complain.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Out of interest matt, you said above that they wanted £182 for michelin tyres, I seem to remember renault recalling all the 172s with michelin types because they were wrong and didnt work?

It sounds pretty nasty if theyre fitting the wrong tyres & potentially dangerous tyres to cars.

My first service came to £160, which I wasnt too bothered about, and they also took the bumper off and replaced one of my washer balls at the same time.

How the hell and why was it so cheap, well we have noticed one of our washers is not working properly on the front drivers side.

Well it is lucky we did not get the tyres then. We had contis stuck on again, we are happy with them for the time being, will upgrade eventually, However that is interesting as we did want michellins at 1st, glad we did not have them now.

JIM172CUP did you go to Renault to get yours service, if so im not going to my dealership again. Well to be honest i will not go back there at all

yeah. Ren Kettering wanted £195, i went to Renault garage called Wests on the way to Bedford. It all went smoothly, id use them again.