ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st wax and polish in 10 years

clio 182
This is the first time the old girl has been given a thorough clean, wax & Polish in at least 10years 👍
Paint work is still really good apart from some minor cosmetic dinks chips and surface scratches (going for full respray/refresh in August).
Full service on Monday (belts dephaser pump) and she should be as good as new.

Attachments

• clio1.jpg
    clio1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 188
  • clio 2.jpg
    clio 2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 191
  • clio 3.jpg
    clio 3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 175
  • clio 4.jpg
    clio 4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 189

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'd have saved myself the effort if it's going in for a full respray in less than a month.

clio 182
seems a bit of a waste to respray that? looks pretty decent?
bumper has stone chips, bonnet has light paint bubble, rear bumper has scrapes on it from my missus revering onto a traffic cone ant there are a few car park dink on both side..not bad but its annoying me.
Spent a fortune replacing suspension with koni's and eibach, fitted godspeed disk front and back with yellow stuff pads, K-tek air intake, K-tek sports cat with miltek exhaust, k-tek braided lines, wheel refurbed and colour change so the respray is the final touch....for now;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
bumper has stone chips, bonnet has light paint bubble, rear bumper has scrapes on it from my missus revering onto a traffic cone ant there are a few car park dink on both side..not bad but its annoying me.
Spent a fortune replacing suspension with koni's and eibach, fitted godspeed disk front and back with yellow stuff pads, K-tek air intake, K-tek sports cat with miltek exhaust, k-tek braided lines, wheel refurbed and colour change so the respray is the final touch....for now;)
ive just never seen a resprayed car thats as good as a factory car where its painted before its assembled, these things become more and more important for the cars value as they start to climb

clio 182
ive just never seen a resprayed car thats as good as a factory car where its painted before its assembled, these things become more and more important for the cars value as they start to climb
Car staying same exact colour just getting refreshed, all scuff and dinks will be fixed and painted..then full body reworked back to as new

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
So they are not repainting the whole car, but sorting the issues out around the car. Which makes sense. Make sure you share pics of the before and after with us. I love seeing people spend money on these cars properly. Hope she turns out mint for you

clio 182
So they are not repainting the whole car, but sorting the issues out around the car. Which makes sense. Make sure you share pics of the before and after with us. I love seeing people spend money on these cars properly. Hope she turns out mint for you
Yeh..bumpers and bonnet and other areas that require painting will resprayed, then all the dinks will be fixed, the rest will be rubbed down buffed up and re-lacquered..
I'll post the pics of before and after when its complete 👍

clio 182
Well the makeover continues:eek::eek: painter very pernickety (good thing). Final rub down tomorrow then she'll get painted..get her back on saturday ...BUZZIN

Attachments

• clio a.jpg
    clio a.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 94
  • clio b.jpg
    clio b.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 94
  • clio e.jpg
    clio e.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 91
  • clio d.jpg
    clio d.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 99
  • clio c.jpg
    clio c.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 91
  clio 182
Back from the bodyshop and looking sweeeeeeet👍👍👍. Just a little repair to the stitching on the drivers seat bolster and a re-map...project complete.
Until I start looking at polished inlets, turbo/supercharger fully forged bla bla bla...next year
clio f.jpg
clio g.jpg
clio h.jpg
clio I.jpg
clio J.jpg
clio k.jpg
clio l.jpg
clio m.jpg
clio n.jpg
clio o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Looks a good paint job, replace the front bumper stickers though as they look odd without them

clio 182
Looks a good paint job, replace the front bumper stickers though as they look odd without them
Are you talking about the blue white and red stickers in the grill? I've got them and they'll be done when the newly port matched and gas flowed throttle body (widened to 60mm) and inlet manifolds are painted and fitted...ongoing project :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Are you talking about the blue white and red stickers in the grill? I've got them and they'll be done when the newly port matched and gas flowed throttle body (widened to 60mm) and inlet manifolds are painted and fitted...ongoing project :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No the black inserts in the small depression bu the grille

clio 182
The project continues :D Inlet manifolds port matched and gas flowed, Throttle body bored out to 64mm and fitted with new batterfly valve, all shot blasted and then sprayed dark grey.
These will be going on soon then its of for a re-map. 👍👍👍

Attachments

• part 1.jpg
    part 1.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Part 2.jpg
    Part 2.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 34
  • part 3.jpg
    part 3.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Part 4.jpg