ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 bad days for the Clio :( pics

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Had a bit of bad luck the last few days.:(

Friday afternoon got hid by a ryder van who wandered into my lane while doing his satnav:mad:. He tried to drive off too i had to park accross his lane to get him to stop. No witness so not much i could do in terms on claiming on his policy plus my excess is £250.

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00341.jpg

Spent about an hour with the rotary and it has come up pretty good just a small crease still there.

Dirty photo but fixed:
DSC00353.jpg

Then last night i scraped the front on a low wall at my mates house which was already knocked over. Foglight wasnt craked but the screws holding it in were ripped out.

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

Will need a bumper respray after some filler work and a new splitter.

Will start looking for a new car soon as this one is getting me down. insurance renewal in december so hopefully find one soon. What do people reccomend as a second car 18 years old 1 years NCB.

320d
Get a VTS if poss, get an older one an insure it tpft. Should be affordable.

Sorry to hear about the accidents mate, i know how you feel.

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Aww, sucks alex!

My friend just put the back end of his VTR around a speedwatch sign (irony?) and it was for sale cause they wouldn't renew his insurance as of 11th Nov. Was gutted for him.

Shed.
Depends what youve got to play with. VTS like people have mentioned, although they are very poorly built, or perhaps a 1.6 16v clio / 1.4 16v.

A Flamin' Red one
Aww, sucks alex!

My friend just put the back end of his VTR around a speedwatch sign (irony?) and it was for sale cause they wouldn't renew his insurance as of 11th Nov. Was gutted for him.

Noooo! Was he okay?

Alex - I'd look into a Mk1 16v personally...

bad luck with the clio mate :(

my mate used to have a vts, was a proper speed machine. reached 135mph with 4 of us in it!!! the road was clear so he only put his best friends in danger :S lol

bad luck with the clio mate :(

my mate used to have a vts, was a proper speed machine. reached 135mph with 4 of us in it!!! the road was clear so he only put his best friends in danger :S lol

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
Noooo! Was he okay?

Alex - I'd look into a Mk1 16v personally...

Yeah, he was fine. So shaken up though, he had his best mate's little brothers in the car and he was more worried about what their mum would say heh.
Drove my car up and down the road yesterday, first time he'd got back into one.

And I too would go for a valver ;) I'd quite like one.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Suppose i could look into the mk1. Would be good to stay with a clio as you can learn so much from this place. they are quite light so must be quick the same as the saxo vtr/ vts:D

Rust puts me off a lot though.