ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 Cup Owners - Spec help needed

Clio 182 FF
A few points of note from another Clio 200 owner:

1) Recaro's aren't needed, they standard seats are supportive enough and are not prone to the splitting of the bolsters issue that the Recaro's have. If anything, I'm glad I didn't spec the Recaro's as my car is in a garage and it wouldn't be possible to get in to the car without touching the bolsters.

2) Saying a colour should be avoided is ridiculous. It's personal preference. I have an Albi blue 200 and I'm pleased it's being retired, my car will be even more exclusive as there will be less Albi blue's around. It's a classic colour and suits the 200 very well. If anything white is perhaps to common.

3) The cup/non cup chassis debate has been done to death and is again down to personal preference. On nice smooth roads it's fantastic, on roads with pot holes it's horrendous. You'll find more roads with pot holes than smooth roads.

4) I wish I had gone for electric mirrors but otherwise I'm happy with my 200FF with speedlines, albi blue and cup chassis. Options are nice but not always great value for money, they only really make the car more desirable.

5) The 200 is a great car. Whatever you pick you won't be disappointed :)

Meg 250/E36 Touring
I've been driving a 'Standard Chassis' 200 recently and unless you have little ones or elderly relatives in the back (as the firmness is amplified in the back) I'd personally stick to a Cup Chassis everytime.

Combined with the quicker steering rack, it is much more focused

Worth a drive in both if you get the chance, however there's not many standard chassis cars in the dealer network

Lotus Exige, 182
I almost ordered a 200 last year at the time the cheap PCP deal. Had a long test drive in one, 200, black, gt spoiler, cup chassis, black speedlines, tinted rear windows. It would've gone on the track, so I definitely wanted the cup chassis (but personally, I wouldn't have it if I have no plans to go on track) and it looked great...

However, by the time I spec'd it up, it was over 20k, and renault were also doing the megane 250 cup (which has a lot more kit as standard) for a grand more down on the cheap PCP deal - so I went with that! I won't comment on it's track performance, but the cup chassis is perfectly fine even on the terrible roads we have down south.

200 cup n transit
Thanks all, that has really helped, -seriously.

Steve - you mention that a spoiler is needed -I'm not keen on the look but are you saying one is needed ?

One comment that kinda 'worries' me is whether I will find the Cup chassis too harsh.... or am I being a bit soft ?! :D

- also, I like the painted calipers which come with the Cup option :eek:

Currently thinking Storm Grey, Nimbus, or Glacier White

I'm going to digest all comments... thanks again,

Steve Mortimer

if u have a gf then the cup chassis is a must boob bounceage is awesome otherwise its hard as hell :quiet:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I intended to get the standard alloys , I prefer them (just my opinion), then to get them redone in gloss black. Something came up and the cash wasn't available , it will happen at some point though.

Representitive to re-sale, i'd have thought they're the better option, personally!

Last edited:
  V6 255
Only to add to what others gave said, get the uprated stereo with Bluetooth.

Get a cupped car as opposed to a cup if you want the chassis. Nicer interior, climate control, keyless go, body coloured side strips, and you only save 36 kgs, who can really notice that on this size car?

Either spoiler just finishes the rear off. Without it they look unfinished imo. I preferred the GT.

Recaros aren't needed, I have standard seats and they're very good, however, I'm looking to upgrade as I don't need the front isofix now so fancy having them

Da

Less
I was going to add what's been mentioned above, the cup chassis pack is more than just a stiffer ride. The rack is quicker too, makes for a much more responsive drive. I don't find the ride that bad to be fair, it's personal choice/preference.

I went for -

Glacier White (it is a cost option)
Cup chassis
Black exterior pack
Black speedlines
Cornering headlights (a must IMO)
Cup spoiler
Electric folding mirrors
Recaros
Carbon dash

And I don't regret any of them. I didn't get the RS monitor as it wasn't available when I ordered.

AG 200
Representitive to re-sale, i'd have thought they're the better option, personally!

I would never buy a car with the idea of resale in the back of my mind, I've always spec'd the car as I wanted and not as I believe someone else would want in the future.
Hence the Alien Green Paint :eek:

RS Audi, 911, VW Bug
Can someone clarify what the deal is with 'Speedlines' -why everyone is w*nking off over them?
- if it's just 'the blackness' I'm not that bothered... but if they're a lighter weight wheel that's a different matter . . . ? Anyone?

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Can someone clarify what the deal is with 'Speedlines' -why everyone is w*nking off over them?
- if it's just 'the blackness' I'm not that bothered... but if they're a lighter weight wheel that's a different matter . . . ? Anyone?

Just preference I think mate

Clio 172 RS2
I have a AG200 with the optional Cup chassis , one of my best friends has recently purchased an AB 200 non cup. A few weeks ago we took both cars (with the Mrs(s)) for a bit of a Jaunt to whitby from Leeds.
After the little whitby trip
13394389.gif

Ohw my she's a Dirty Be'atch!!! :cool:

Clio 172 RS2

Better look wheel tbh! And in all fairness others agree...

As to the youtube vid. just buy your girl a better supporting bra! :approve:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
My 200 Cup spec was Metallic black/Recaros/Air Con/K-Tec spoiler. The question is really down to personal preference as people will just quote what they specced.

Therefore my opinion was that the Recaros are the only thing that makes the interior feel special, Air Con as I'm mostly in the south of France, K-Tec spoiler as the Cup spoiler is far too crass and chav.

I have driven over 700 miles in a day in the 200 and Cup chassis is firm but in no way unnaceptable ;)

Westy. MX5

I like the other vids that come up next to this one, especially the Nissan Independant suspension one. No Cups there!

As for the Clio Cup--- It feels rather soft to me on the track after a 172 Cup.

Last edited by a moderator: