ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 MultiFunction Display

197 Sport
Guys,
Just picked up my new 200 this morning, and have a quick technical question for the techies amongst us. Within the thin additional RenaultSport Clio drivers handbook section it mentions switching over to a multifunction display (page 6), or what you could call an engine management monitoring system. If you press buttons 2 and 3 it should switch into this mode. I cant seem to get mine to switch. Am i missing a trick? Would be fantastic if this was on the car, didnt realise it may be, and could prove really useful/fun! Talks about timing 0-60's and best lap etc.......If anyone knows more would be greatful to know,
Rich

not sure i thought you were talking about the trip computer :S curious to what it is its listed on the renault sport spec sheets

Last edited:
  GW RS200
Guys,
Just picked up my new 200 this morning, and have a quick technical question for the techies amongst us. Within the thin additional RenaultSport Clio drivers handbook section it mentions switching over to a multifunction display (page 6), or what you could call an engine management monitoring system. If you press buttons 2 and 3 it should switch into this mode. I cant seem to get mine to switch. Am i missing a trick? Would be fantastic if this was on the car, didnt realise it may be, and could prove really useful/fun! Talks about timing 0-60's and best lap etc.......If anyone knows more would be greatful to know,
Rich

Congratulations on your new car! Can't say I noticed what you mentioned in my manual, and I have never heard anyone talk it over on the official Renault forums either, and there are quite a few new 200 owners there. You haven't been on the cooking sherry have you?! I'll have to have a look at my manual and see this for myself later...

GTD, Lupo
I have just gone through the whole of the manual and have no idea what your on about. The page number is done by sections I.e. 1.1, 1.6 2.7 blah blah.

Paul

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Best lap? thats not in a clio. thats in the new Megane 250 its the renault sport info centre display G's and lap times etc

197 Sport
I have just gone through the whole of the manual and have no idea what your on about. The page number is done by sections I.e. 1.1, 1.6 2.7 blah blah.

Paul

I just double checked and it clearly states clio on the front. Its the small clio renaultsport manual, over and above the standard clio manual for the car. It may be only a function on the megane, just wanted to check really, because as i mention manual states clio on front cover.

GTD, Lupo
I just double checked and it clearly states clio on the front. Its the small clio renaultsport manual, over and above the standard clio manual for the car. It may be only a function on the megane, just wanted to check really, because as i mention manual states clio on front cover.

Clio: Renault sport drivers handbook page 6 for me is all about ESP.

Paul

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Bloody hell, you're going to force me to walk downstairs in this cold and forage around in the car for the manual :(

197 Sport
Bloody hell, you're going to force me to walk downstairs in this cold and forage around in the car for the manual :(

Its the small thin Clio Sport Drivers Handbook. Pages 6 through to 10 are all about the multi function display (nothing about clock, time, temp etc) but the engine monitor system available on the megane. The booklet is dated 10/2009 on back cover.

Golf GTi Edition 30
Did anyone get an answer to this - RickyK or KMB? I've just collected my new 200 Cup and read about the Multifunctional Display in the manual with interest. Can't get the display to switch to this function though. Its noted as part of the spec in both the std 200 and Cup.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I briefly looked at the manual in mine and found no evidence of this function, held the buttons in and nothing different to normal happened, though the first screen that does the oil level etc might be what it refers to?

Cupped 200
Ehm... well. there is the one in the middle (where radio is shown) and the one between revcounter and speedo, so theres your multifunctional display ;)

Golf GTi Edition 30
Spoke to the dealer I bought mine from today. Looks like this is an option on continental cars only. Although my version is in English only, the Manual is standard for all markets (pictures show a LHD model so that sounds correct) so provides details for this function even though not available in UK.
Bit dissappointing as it sounded excellent - 0-60 times, lap time measurement, BHP, Torque, Lateral G, Deceleration, Oil Temp etc.

Clio 200 Black and White
I have a LHD Clio - doesn't work on mine either, although that might be because I have a tomtom built in.

Anyone else have a LHD Clio 200 without a tomtom?

Would be great if you could try this.

Very strange that it's in the handbook otherwise.

Seriousha, you around?

Cupped 200
Yay, here i am. Yes, i have one without TomTom, what do you want me to do!? Describe those Buttons 2 and 3 to me which are mentioned in your handbook, ill give it a try then!?

Clio 200 Black and White
ok, get in the car and turn on the ignition (press the starter button without your foot on the brake.)

Press the 2 buttons on the "satelite" radio controller at the same time. (the one that allows you to switch between radio, CD and other audio input) and the other one.

If it's working properly, the radio display should turn into a multifuntion display like the RS monitor on the Megane.

It's all in the Renaultsport handbook.

Cupped 200
Well, did it. Ignition on, pushed Device and Phone Button. Radio did nothing. means "Renault" and nothing else. Radio was off, tried some other button combinations nothing happened. Checked also the handbook, nothing about it in. so what!?

Clio 200 Black and White
strange. really strange.

It's not in the main renault handbook, it's in the smaller renaultsport handbook. it's defnitely in there, have another look and follow the instructions.

Can't imagine it doesn't work if it's in the handbook!

Cupped 200
I meant the RenaultSPORT additional handbook mate, its nothing in there! probably they changed the software after some time and i have the old one!? and the old handbook revision!?

Clio 200 Black and White
Tried to do it today and nothing happened FAIL

I guess renaultsport planned to put it in but didn't quite get round to sorting he software. Bizare that they left it in the brochures though.

Some bloody quality control.

Might even be cause for a recall.

Guess the next model will have it as standard, although it's an option on the megane (although annoyingly you can't have it if you tick the tomtom option).

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Hopefully we will be able to get our 200s software updated with it when it's out

Clio 200 Black and White
It's strange that they put it in the handbook then eh?

I guess it was in the development pipeline but they couldn't quite get it signed off in time for the launch of the clio so they just offered it for the megane instead.

Would be a cool thing to have, but you'd probably never use it once the novelty wears off.

Cupped 200
What wonders me is this, i was, till now, with Nissans, we had in our Forum some guys who where in the Car Computer thing. They developed own Car-Interface to USB Devices, own Programs to get acces to the Cars Systems etc. and that was on much older cars tho!

So where are those guys in the CS Forums!? I mean, wtf, its the coolest forum by the moody way i know but ive seen more tech talk and development on all others ive been before... probably thats because they where german boards and were all a bunch of geeks o_O ;)

Because... well... it should be possible to get those parameters to the bloody monitor, the data should be in the system!

2010 Clio RS Cup 200
Hi all. Sorry for bringing an old thread back but it's probably better than creating a new thread about the same thing. Did anyone ever manage to get this to work or see if it was a disabled feature in one of the cars computers etc?
I picked up a new 200 a couple of weeks ago and they're still sending out the supplementary manual with the timer and performance data etc.
Cheers.

Da

Less
It is now an option on the Clio, and comes with the updated Bluetooth stereo equipment.

It was released by Renault in May/June of this year I believe and cannot be retro-fitted (yet).

Black RS200
Glad it wasnt just me then, i thought mine was broke as it didnt work with mine, here is a copy of page 8 from the CLIO handbook (for those of you that haven't got it in your handbook)

page8.jpg

2010 Clio RS Cup 200
It is now an option on the Clio, and comes with the updated Bluetooth stereo equipment.
It was released by Renault in May/June of this year I believe and cannot be retro-fitted (yet).
Hmm well I've got the updated bluetooth/mp3 head unit with USB/iPod/3.5mm jack box and steering wheel controls and programmable voice dialing etc it's standard on the two models we get here in Australia and there is no option for the MFD. Looks to me like it's just been disabled. Anyone know how to enable it? Maybe with a Clip system or RSTuner?
Cheers.

2010 Clio RS Cup 200
I doubt it's that simple to be fair - why would it be disabled?
Because in Australia we get royally screwed over when it comes to cars and car specifications. We have a stupid set of design rules that don't match up with the rest of the world as well so we only ever get a very limited range of the models actually available and they also impose heavy taxes on imports to protect the two cars that are designed and made here locally. For example the 200 costs the same as a Golf GTI here. Granted we don't have the population to support a wide range of models but because every model has to comply to our rules they just don't bother. We also don't get the regular shopping trolley Clio here as they can't price it competitively in the market given the costs involved.

In regards to it not being that simple to enable, I think there's a good chance that it could be. I've come from the world of VW where in my old R32 the distance to empty wasn't enabled in the instrument cluster MFD. Get the right software package and cable and it was just a matter of changing turning it on. Same with getting the car to beep when it locks and unlocks, that was changing a 0 to a 1. This was all OBDII and CAN-Bus protocols which the Clio has so at the end of the day the fundamental operations are the same.

Cheers.

Da

Less
Yes I agree, but the features you refer to in the VW's are standard fit in say the UK. The RenaultSport Monitor isn't standard in the UK, it is a chargeable option (£400) so I doubt it would be in the cars system awaiting you enabling it with a few altered digits.

Still, could be worth attempting if you have the OBDII equipment already.

2010 Clio RS Cup 200
Yes I agree, but the features you refer to in the VW's are standard fit in say the UK. The RenaultSport Monitor isn't standard in the UK, it is a chargeable option (£400) so I doubt it would be in the cars system awaiting you enabling it with a few altered digits.
Still, could be worth attempting if you have the OBDII equipment already.
Ah I get you. My guess is that more than likely is that it's the G sensors and possibly the specific screen code/modules themselves that might need to be installed.
I don't know how dodgy Renault is in regards to things like this, but I know of quite a few manufactures who over the years have just done silly things like not offering central locking on the lower spec models but all they've done is simply disconnect wiring or leave wiring in for extra speakers in the up spec models and just not fit the speakers etc. Probably not though is my guess.

Unfortunately the OBDII I have is custom VW/Audi equipment and not generic OBDII.
Cheers.