ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 172, handbrake sticks on almost everyday!

Happened from day 1, not getting worse but not getting better.

leave car sat still all day, use it every night and the handbrake sticks on (rusty rear disc just after 10hours of no use & the rear knocks when i go to pull away)

i know its moisture on the pads, corroding the disc/pad together

but how do you stop it, its annoying, i only put the handbrake on loose as i have flat driveway!

i have pulled up to stop and eased handbrake on to clean the area of contact etc :(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine did this for the first 6 months then gradually got better until it went away . Seems like a very common thing on clios I've just stripped a spare set of front and back calipers for repainting . I noticed that on one of the back brake calipers the handbrake adjuster screw was rusted in solid , these calipers were from a 2002 plate clio 172 . Bit of a b*stard job to get em back together when you strip em down , getting the sprung washers compressed and back in again .

MrBillyUK !