ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio 3dr 1.2 8v Drivers Side DriveShaft - wil it fit my '02 172..?

Foz turbo S & a 172
hi there.

as title asks.. I'm desperate. My mech said yesterday the rubber surround is off and theres no grease at all on it. I'm driving to work at 40mph with the juddering feeling like an artheritic alcoholic.

these are on eBay...

2002 Clio 3dr 1.2 8v
Renault Clio 2007 1.5 DCI t
MK2 01-06 1.2 16V D4F
2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
2004 Renault Clio 3dr 1.2 16v
2003 Renault Clio 3dr 1.6 16v

..please can somebody tell me which will fit my '02 172..?

many thanks.

Steven

Last edited:
  Foz turbo S & a 172
2002 Clio 3dr 1.2 8v

I'd stick to that,

Did not know there was a non-sport 172? LOL

..don't know what you mean, sorry chapster.

Anyway, you are saying that same year other engiine'd clios' driveshafts will fit my 172..?

great. thanks.

S

Yeh they should be mate, as long as you stick to the same engine size (1.2 8v) It should be ok

Someone correct me if Im wrong? Although I changed my drive shafts ( 1.1 8v) and I took them off a 1.4 with ABS I think mine doesn't even have ABS lol still working fine :)

Foz turbo S & a 172
Yeh they should be mate, as long as you stick to the same engine size (1.2 8v) It should be ok

Someone correct me if Im wrong? Although I changed my drive shafts ( 1.1 8v) and I took them off a 1.4 with ABS I think mine doesn't even have ABS lol still working fine :)

Sorry but I'm confused.

I'm asking if, for example, I can put a driveshaft from a 2002 Clio 1.2 8v into a 2002 clio 16v 172 ..? ..or does it have to be from the same engine..?

regards,

steven

Foz turbo S & a 172
Ahhh as long as the engine size is the same it should be ok mate. Its when the engines get bigger gear boxes change and all that kind of stuff

OK, many thanks Chapter.

I've found a 172 breaking on ebay and bought said item from them. Same year'n'everything..

L