ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v Black

She's getting there mate. IMO is stay away from painting callipers and drums any colour apart from black :) and don't get a massive fart cannon exhaust - will just look&sound gash. I've got a scorpion lemans twin exhaust and straight through pipe. Looks beautiful and gives a nice throaty growl

Clio Dynamique 1.2
I went for 50mm mainly as they were cheap but i guess i will see what they look like when they are on, ha.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Anyone know anybody in the Wrexham area that can fit my springs for a fair price? Just been quoted £100 by my usual garage! :(

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Small update, still havent got my springs fitted and i also have some rear sport seats and doorcards. Just got to fit them all!

Clio Dynamique 1.2
ThAnks mate, i have seen this guide before but looking through it again it does look 'simple' enough so will attempt it this week, ha. By the end of the week i should have it lowered and the rear sport seats/cards in :)

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Ok, so a smallish update: this morning I fitted the rear Sport seats and door cards that I picked up over in Shrewsbury:

null-11.jpg

null-10.jpg

They just need a bit of a wipe over and a going over with my mums bobble remover but other than that they are in excellent condition and I'm very pleased with them.

Time is my enemy at the moment but I'm hopefully going to fit my lowering springs myself this weekend or late next week. Also, I found some copper coloured Hammerite in my mums kitchen so I'm going to paint my calipers in that and see how it goes. Other than that its slow progress as ever.

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Well i have just ordered some silver indicator bulbs for both ends. With any luck i will have them in along with the fogs tinted, lowering springs on amd calipers painted by Thursday so watch out for some pics!

Clio Dynamique 1.2
Not sure anyone looks at this but i will keep going anyway. I bought some springs to lower it a while back but have had a change of heart so they are up for sale and i will be concentrating on just tidying it up now. Basically doing everything i had planned to bar the lowering. Will get some decent pics up soon :)

Clio Dynamique 1.2
An RS grille is definitely on my list!!

As for not going lower...every car I've had pretty much I've lowered in some way or another, the Corsa below for example was lowered 60mm on uprated shocks and springs:

null-7.jpg

And this BMW was lowered on coilovers:

DSCF3647.jpg

Basically, I'm 30-years-old with a daughter and a girlfriend and I just want/need a comfortable ride nowadays. My other lowered cars were horrendous to drive, could feel every single bump in my spine so what I plan to do now is just tidy it up and do everything else that I had planned. My definitive 'To Do' list is as follows:

- Give it a damn good clean/wax/polish
- New rear number plate lens and LED
- Clear side indicators
- New aerial
- Tailored mats
- Source some front Sport seats and door cards
- Sort the head lights out
- Paint the drums black
- Paint the calipers silver
- RS grille

And thats about it at the moment. There are a few bits that need fixing or replacing too so this list should keep me occupied for a while.