ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 Renault Clio Build Thread

Renault Clio 2003
Hey guy, this is my first post on this forum (or any for that matter) and I will be updating the changes I am going to make to the 1.2 16v Clio I just bought today.

renault clio first pic.jpg

This is my second car (the previous was a 2002 VW polo) and got it for just £550. It's done 70,000 miles and is in pretty good condition engine wise. I got it cheap because it was a friend of ours who just wanted to sell it on quickly. Originally it was up for £800... apparently my bargaining skills are better than I initially thought haha

Now I'm definitely not going to go over the top with this car, I just want it looking as clean and tidy as possible. I have access to a wide variety of tools as my Grandfather owns a garage, so I've got that at my disposal, hopefully this means I can keep the costs way down.

For now, my plan is as follows -

-Restore the Headlights as they are faded.

-Painting the alloys it's already on white with a semi-gloss clear coat. (now I'm not sure if I should just do this with cans or in our spray shop, would the better result be worth the extra money spent or is it a waste of time?) I don't have the money to spend on a set of new wheels and I think the semi-gloss white look might actually look decent (opinions?).

-Eventually I'll get some coilovers, only going to drop it by a bit as this will be my daily driver and I want it to look OEM (aside from the wheel colour).

-Remove the 'Clio' and any other badges on the rear, keeping the Renault badges on the front and back. I'm not really a fan of matt black badges as without some real thought to the overall colour scheme I think they can look tacky.

-Going to fit a subtle front splitter to give it a sportier feel.

-Perhaps a rear spoiler from one of the sport trim model Clios.

All suggestions and comments are welcome! Hope to update this soon with lots more pictures and progress!