ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 2.0 182 without twin exhaust?

Clio 172
Hiya,
Does anyone else have a Renault Clio 2004 plate 2.0 182 that does not have the twin exhaust? I've seen loads of '04 182's around, but they Always have the twin exhaust... Surely it cant be just mine without?! :S

Golf GT & A4 Avant
have you looked under the car to check that you haven't got an aftermarrket exhaust? other than the wheels, it's the only other visual difference identifying it as a 182

any other signs that it's not quite right?

Tin Can with wheels
if you have a spare wheel in the boot... its a 172.. if there's no spare wheel and a totally flat under the boot lining its a 182..

Clio 172
Yeah I thought I may have bought a 172, but its got all the add-ons only the 182 comes with, plus the engine code is that of the 182... could possibly be an after market exhaust... will get down and check in the daylight and when its not so bloody wet!

Clio 172
No pics needed... I have a spare tyre...
Let me go and slink off with a red face now...!

QUESTION: Why does every HPI check and insurance quote place tell me its a 182 when I put the reg in?!

It's not odd for insurance companies to have the wrong details. Mine used to come up as a 1.2 or unknown on insurance quotes. It now shows as a 172. At Renault it shows as a V6 :D

Not sure why it would show as a 182 on HPI checks though :s

Clio 172
I hope I can get some rebate on my insurance for this... Some compensation for my loss! Well I say loss... I still Adore it :D

Clio 172
A local garage... it was a partX that they'd had in less than a week, 04 plate with only 37k at 5 grand... simply couldnt resist! They HPI'd it for me too, alongside my own checks, which is why I was confident!

Clio 172
Yeah may be worth a try... although it has taken me nearly a year to pick up on it! I only just discovered this forum... a gift from god I tell you... Its a gorgeous car and I love driving it, but they seem so problem prone and expensive to fix. And sorry guys its my fault the petrol prices went up... I bought the car and sods law jinxed me and up they went!

S4 Avant
A year ago makes it slightly better, but you have no hope trying to claim anything back from the garage who sold it you.

Did you not read the V5 document?! It must say it's a 172 on there?

Clio 172
Yeah the V5 doesn't mention BHP of an engine unfortunately! All it says is Renaultsport Clio. If it had done I'd have haggled a lot harder! Still it was immaculate when I got it so I'm not too upset about it! In fact in a way its a relief cos I'll get some more money off the insurance now!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
kinda, but she's getting better

I get all my parts sent to her so she can sign for them, came home with a Scorpion RS 192 system today that she didn't know about. Should have seen her face!!!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Lol at this.

Doubt you'll get any money back from insurance mate, especially not if they still think it's a 182.

CLS, RS MEG
I prefered my 172 to what i've got now. there more stealthy :) The spare wheel was useful, although I carry a full size spare as apposed to tyre foam , which fills the boot! Be happy :)

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 & Saxo
Who cares if it goes well and is in good nick. As everyone on here always says theres jack all difference anyway

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
think you got owned like this guy
black_baby_white_parents.jpg

CBR1000RR Fireblade
£5000 for a 172 is on the dear side mate.

You can get mint 182s for £4500 ish

(I know it was a year ago btw)