ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 Dynamique - 172/182 Grille

Hi,

Picked up a 172/182 grille from renault after finding out it would only cost me 40 odd quid.

I searched the forum and found many posts about fitting it, including daves tutorial. Although he said his tutorial was based on a 172, i thought it would be pretty similar. Oh was i wrong.

For some reason on the drivers side there is some sort of box attached to the original grille im trying to take off... i think its a protector for the alt maybe?

Anyway i cant seem to find/get anything down to the clips mentioned in the tutorial. I dont really want to have to take the whole bumper off as i dont have access to a ramp or axle stands...

Does anyone have any tips on removing this? And would it help if the alt cover thingy was taken off to reveal the clips?

Thanks.

ep2
just brake clips off, thats what i did, fCK the other original grill'arn't u excited to put the sport grille on. :D

do you mean the clips on the actual grille? because i thought the clips moulded to the bumper were holding it on...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
do you mean a blanking plate which is just behind the original grille on just the drivers side?
i've taken mine off to get more air into the engine, it is very difficult to get off, but like leo said, just break it off, your replacing it with the grille, and i'm guessing you wont be changing it back!
and even if you do ythe blanking plate is not needed, just extra weight!!!

thanks for the help made it alot easier to get the old one off with that crap blanking plate put of the way. on the car now =)