ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 E46 M3

330Ci cab
Only thing that's a bit meh is the coloured grille surrounds. The chrome contrast suits it. Other to that it's a gorgeous car, sits well and looks uber fresh.

The eh grilles wouldn't put me off :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Rather funny tht I was out in my Brother in law's one yesterday morning and it's identical. His is a 2006, full spec, on 50k with one owner from new, full main dealer service history, was a doctor and only used it through the summer. He's won a watch with it, truly couldn't find a mark on it. His is manual though, he's a good driver tbf so suits him better.

Sadly i'm not a massive fan of E46 M3s, they feel a tad dated, not that quick (surprisingly) and supercar running costs.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nice,

Didn't realise the repair bills for subframe can be so high!!!!

Z4
Rather funny tht I was out in my Brother in law's one yesterday morning and it's identical. His is a 2006, full spec, on 50k with one owner from new, full main dealer service history, was a doctor and only used it through the summer. He's won a watch with it, truly couldn't find a mark on it. His is manual though, he's a good driver tbf so suits him better.

Sadly i'm not a massive fan of E46 M3s, they feel a tad dated, not that quick (surprisingly) and supercar running costs.

Lol, ok.
Go on.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I always remember mine as being quick, that was coming from a modified r32. But it was about 4 years ago now! I really need to drive one again!!

The M3 I went out in 3 weeks ago was rapid. It was my first time in an M3 and I was blown away tbh.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It's quick enough. I'd say any car that can hit 60mph in sub 5 seconds is quick. Around 11.2s to 100mph so it pulls a bit, too.

There are quicker cars, obviously, but it's no slouch.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It didn't feel quick, i'm not saying it isn't a quick car, that would be silly. I have been out in some stupidly fast cars in the last 2 weeks or so, maybe it's had an affect on me. :eek:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I remember driving my mates E46 a few yrs ago and I owned a Vr6 highline at the time.The car was so well made and felt really nice to drive.It didn't feel massively fast until I saw the speedo going past 80-90-100 very quickly.It was very deceiving .

When I got back in the golf it felt totally lifeless.

Z4
I always remember mine as being quick, that was coming from a modified r32. But it was about 4 years ago now! I really need to drive one again!!

After your c63 I think most cars will feel like turd!

It's quick enough. I'd say any car that can hit 60mph in sub 5 seconds is quick. Around 11.2s to 100mph so it pulls a bit, too.

There are quicker cars, obviously, but it's no slouch.

Exactly. The game has moved on and cars that shouldn't have a chance, now sadly do. Waiteys 335d for example is probably faster.
The M3 has never been purely about the speed, and I've always found its deceptive how fast they actually are. When you're peddling it down the road it doesn't feel greatly faster than something like a Clio, as the powerband is so linear.

It didn't feel quick, i'm not saying it isn't a quick car, that would be silly.

Back peddling! That's exactly what you said.
I do know what you mean though, as said above the speed is deceptive, and compared with certain cars they're not particularly fast but that just proves how much the market has moved on, often turbos or a monster engines (c63/ e92 M3).

The performance offered is far too much for the UK roads if we're honest, and it would probably make more sense to have something boosted for that low range torque that makes drives that little bit more effortless, but when you do want to loose the plot a little bit: engage sport mode, turn traction control off, rev to the limiter in each gear, it really is like driving a BTCC car with a numberplate.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

There was a c63 on track at Blyton Park. . Everyone was desperate to pass it lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would agree it would take a special driver to get the fun out of it. Sadly it felt a bit characterless just pootling about (I did press on but speed is difficult these days as mentioned). I do however prefer smaller nimble cars. The M3 is still a big car.

Mini Cooper S
Stance, colour combination, wheels, everything...looks perfect! Not a massive fan of the grill, would prefer standard or gloss black. But obviously person preference!

Hope you have lots of fun with it!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a nice example, not many good ones around these days.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I would agree it would take a special driver to get the fun out of it. Sadly it felt a bit characterless just pootling about (I did press on but speed is difficult these days as mentioned). I do however prefer smaller nimble cars. The M3 is still a big car.

Driving around slowly they are like driving a truck. Sport mode on, 5k rpm plus they are sublime. Dat rasp. I miss it.

Speedwise, like the M135i i have now, utterly pointless for uk roads.

Scutch, i love yours, but spacers upset me, especially when the front wheels stick out further than the arch ... so thats the only thing id change.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Driving around slowly they are like driving a truck. Sport mode on, 5k rpm plus they are sublime. Dat rasp. I miss it.

Speedwise, like the M135i i have now, utterly pointless for uk roads.

Scutch, i love yours, but spacers upset me, especially when the front wheels stick out further than the arch ... so thats the only thing id change.

They don't anymore, Dave. Those were with 15mm spacers; it's now got 12mm on. The CSL alloys already have an impressive offset so an error on my purchasing skills :eek:

I quite like driving around at low speeds. Feels so solid and purposeful. But yeah, the sport button and rasp at 5k is crazy addictive.

Tangoed Works
Very nice. I recognize those cannon guys from when in Cumbria last year. Can't remember the name of the town though.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
So I said a few days ago that I was definitely keeping the Boxster this summer and not getting an M3….but kept looking back at this thread and I've ended up buying one this evening, collecting tomorrow….damn you scutch!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
So I said a few days ago that I was definitely keeping the Boxster this summer and not getting an M3….but kept looking back at this thread and I've ended up buying one this evening, collecting tomorrow….damn you scutch!

LOL!!

Get a thread made up when you get it ;)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Saw an exact replica this morning on my way to work. The wheel and colour combo is something else.

Also saw what looked to be a 60+ year old women in a maroon 46 M3? Never seen that colour before.