ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2012 Fiesta Metal

Abarth 595
Looks excellent IMO. Must of been one of those I spotted the other day, I thought the guy had just put an aftermarket exhaust on a ZS.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Auto dimming mirror is pointless with privacy glass IMO. Mine has never dimmed as the glass is that dark.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Auto dimming mirror is pointless with privacy glass IMO. Mine has never dimmed as the glass is that dark.
Really mine does quite a bit, at least I'm assuming it dims it might just be the privacy glass that is so dark it looks like it's dimmed? Plus the mirror dims so you can see the LCD screen for the reversing camera.

Looks excellent IMO. Must of been one of those I spotted the other day, I thought the guy had just put an aftermarket exhaust on a ZS.
If it had black wheels it was a Metal, also if it was any colour other than frozen white, panther black or midnight sky grey it was a ZS with a 'zorst.

I like the visible chrome exhaust, it finishes the back end off, the ZS looks weird like a base model without the sporty exhaust imho.

LY 200
I have a like for like and after 3 months with it am already a tad bored especially because of how common the closely related ZS's are.

I find it's nice to look at and does the job it's supposed to do (although it gets nowhere near the quoted 47mpg combined) but its not a patch on the RS clios as far as handling, brakes, gearbox and way they go go's.

At 14k though i do think it's a good value bit of kit.

120d M Sport
^Amazed you bought one at the amount of Ford bashing you used to do.

Comparing it to an RS Clio is pointless though, it's a warm hatch lol.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Exactly, it's more like the previous generation hot hatches. Just enough power to be fun with great handling, it reminds me a lot of my old Puma.

The ST should be pretty good though, especially after a remap to boost the power a bit. ;)

LY 200
^Amazed you bought one at the amount of Ford bashing you used to do.

I amazed myself but to be be honest it was bought as a warm hatch that was supposed to save me money which it struggled to noticeably do (38 mpg in a nutshell wasn't a great deal better than 30-32 when you put the driving exp into the equation).

Back in an RS now anyway so I'm back to being happy. The Fiesta was worth a try and would be the ideal car for 9 out of 10 people but it just wasn't me.

120d M Sport
Fair enough. I think it would be hard to take to when you've had a few Renaultsports, neither here nor there kinda thing.

A nice car overall though.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
It's the fastest car I have owned so it'll do me, I imagine I would be a bit disappointed if i had previously owned an RS Clio too to be fair. As I say if I can justify it I might get the ST next year.

Nom!
Fiesta_ST_4.jpg

LY 200
I was considering waiting for the ST but the main issue for me was how common the Fiesta is so I opted against it!

One of the chaps at work just traded in his ST Focus for an S3 ddue to there being five on our close knit estate alone.

I think it's this countries love with Ford that would put me off I owning another even if it was a red hot one.

LY 200
Rarer than Fiestas.

I rarely see 172's, 182's, 197's or 200's on my 50 mile daily round one but I used to see at least 4 or 5 white ZS's each way alone (the last straw was when I kept noticing a driving instructors one near on identical to mine).

Personally i think when you look on PH and there's nearly 3000 fiestas up for sale but less than 1000 RS's and Clios combined its telling. So yeah lol indeed.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
It seems like every other person has a Clio where I work, there is only 2 other Fiesta mk7's though.

I have never seen another Metal on the road but I do see loads of Fiestas, All I do is think "my car's better than yours" :D

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I took a trip down to the Snake Pass with my mate driving his Civic Type R down too. We stopped at Holme Moss just nexct to the transmitting station to take a couple of snaps so I thought I would stick em up here.
holmemoss1.jpg

holmemoss2.jpg

holmemoss3.jpg

holmemoss4.jpg

holmemoss5.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
It's alright but with them cart wheels on it must have been a bit unsteady on the uneven country roads as I kept leaving him behind on Snake Pass. :race:

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I'm not a fan of them to be honest, they look a bit too big & slab sided to me. The 19" Lightning wheels as fitted to the Mugen Type R however.
$(KGrHqR,!m!E1F3RliZbBNcO(Onin!~~_35.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I got some black Ford badges from DMB Graphics a few days ago so I stuck em on today. They are a gel badge that sticks over the top of the existing badge, they look quite factory once stuck on and are a nice little subtle touch to match the white/black theme on the car.

Front.
badge_front.jpg

Rear.
badge_rear.jpg

I am also going to get some for the centre caps on the wheels as they are blue for some reason which looks weird and I might also get one for the steering wheel.

I am undecided as to if I should get one of their badges that says Metal Edition like below as the car doesn't have any indication that it is a Metal and not a slightly chavved up Zetec S. What do you reckon?
2_1124_e.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
First up Ford is Blue oval just so you know. Slightly upsetting but i'm just fussy.

The metal edition badge is okay. Get it in Black if you're bothered.

120d M Sport
First up Ford is Blue oval just so you know. Slightly upsetting but i'm just fussy.

The metal edition badge is okay. Get it in Black if you're bothered.

So true. I became very unpopular on ZSOC forum for propounding this all the time!

Nice car though.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Yeah I am aware that the ford logo is a blue oval, I have simply altered the colour scheme of the badge slightly to better fit with the look of my car. I wouldn't dream of putting a badge with any other logo on in it's place. For example when I had my Puma I put black badges on that but there were people that swapped them for badges with the Puma logo on and they looked silly.

I don't think I'll bother with the Metal badge, my mate is hell bent on trying to convince me to swap the Fiesta badge at the back for a retro one from the mk2 Fiesta after he saw that DMB make replica versions. I told him no though as I think it would look a bit daft. :S

The one I mean is this (but without the 'L' or '1.1').
2_810_e.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
That oval isn't as bad as some of the horrific red, orange and lime green ones folk put on.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
Post the ST pictures!
Like the badges, but don't bother with the metal logo.
Alright just for you Steve (even though they aren't that good).

My brother in law brought home the new Focus ST they just got at Benfield. It's very nice, wish I could afford one but they are a bit beyond my budget. Maybe in a few years.

focus_st_front.jpg

focus_st_rear.jpg

I don't think I'll bother with that Metal badge and don't worry I'm not gonna swap the Fiesta badge!

I genuinely don't like that ST as much as my own. It may grow on me however. No xenons is proper s**t though.

Also lols at getting upset about changing the blue oval, mine are white, suck it b**ches! :p

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
He bought one?
No sorry he's a salesman at Benfield so they let him bring it home to show off. He said that today they had about 7 people come in to test drive it, all 17/18 year old oiks with no intention of buying one. :D

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
I genuinely don't like that ST as much as my own. It may grow on me however. No xenons is proper s**t though.

Also lols at getting upset about changing the blue oval, mine are white, suck it b**ches! :p
Your bank account would prefer it, it's as fast as yours but does upper 30s mpg combined. It was reading 22mpg when he took me for a quick spin in it though. :S

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
They really do and always have ripped the arse right out of 'special' edition Ford's imo. I appreciate, and am a fan of fast Fords however they do take the piss.

That Focus is awful. Absolutley chronic.

Your bank account would prefer it, it's as fast as yours but does upper 30s mpg combined. It was reading 22mpg when he took me for a quick spin in it though. :S

This is true, however it does so at the cost of losing the 5 pot growl, another big negative for me.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Taigo
This is true, however it does so at the cost of losing the 5 pot growl, another big negative for me.
Nah they've put some sort of 'resonator' on the exhaust so when you give it the beans it has a similar bark to the 5 pot. Apparently they developed it due to people's worries. They couldn't use the old engine as easy though anyway after offloading Volvo to the Chinese.