ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

203 bhp clio sport - PFC

TTRS & V50
Right just read the latest PFC and in the back in the 'club class' section there was a GSR/Red Dot rolling road day with a 206 and c4 owners club.

In the write up it said a black 2.0-litre clio sport attended. It said it only had an induction kit and they got it on the rollers after a remap and it got 203 bhp.

Was it anybodys on here ??

Ph1
206 boys like to have their figures high or they get in the cream puff so thats probably ''about right'' for the Clio pmsl

Right just read the latest PFC and in the back in the 'club class' section there was a GSR/Red Dot rolling road day with a 206 and c4 owners club.

In the write up it said a black 2.0-litre clio sport attended. It said it only had an induction kit and they got it on the rollers after a remap and it got 203 bhp.

I very much doubt it would have even made the real bhp tbh.

Remember some of the 206 lot had a had a bit of a falling out with a dyno place when all their cars ran lower power compared to a tuning companies dyno where they had an induction + remap done.

So the idea of the 206 lot having artificially high bhp figures wouldn't shock at all, and that 182s 203bhp figure isnt surprising.

Would love it if it came up against a real 200bhp Clio.

Red Dots rolling road is the most over reading POS rollers you'll find IMHO. I've had a car on there - 231 on the engine dyno, 260 on their rollers. My arse!

Cheers
M

172 5HED
Red Dots rolling road is the most over reading POS rollers you'll find IMHO. I've had a car on there - 231 on the engine dyno, 260 on their rollers. My arse!

Cheers
M

fark, where is that mate?? I want one of those printouts lol!! :lolup:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Remember some of the 206 lot had a had a bit of a falling out with a dyno place when all their cars ran lower power compared to a tuning companies dyno where they had an induction + remap done.

hmm i wonder where all this happened

:rasp:

Did they test it before the remap? :clown:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
read this but the bit i found more interesting is the letter of the month (i think it was the same issue) where they then ent on to say that rolling roads were only good for before and afters ect :D

206 boys like to believe that there cars have huge power, let them believe it imo, just blast past them on the road.

what makes me laught at these Rolling road boys are when the ATW power is std and yet they claim 25bhp+ at the flywheel lol......the only way to truly measure FW power is to take out the engine and stick it on a dyno.....
if it makes std power atw, then it aint going to make 25bhp+ at the fly ;)

still I expect it makes them happy that they spent money on a remap and bits and have more power (in their minds at least lol ) helps to sell them ;)

Simon

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I agree that RR sessions are only good for before and after tests. I would never take any RR result as 100% accurate.

I think RR's are a good indication of true power output and I have seen some 'as expected' results but some results are hit and miss.