ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

21 turbo engine in a valver

thinkin bout havin a 21 turbo engine fitted to my clio, just wonderin whether it will fit and what i would need......goin 2 c nick at hillpower bout it this weekend but wanted to know your opinions first

Cheers:)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Surely the engine is massive?

I was following one in my valver on the m/way once with a massive FMIC. We had a bit of a play and i had no chance!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

wont go mate - the gearbox bellhousing will need to go right through your bulk head as its a transverse box. Dont get me wrong - you can fit any engine in any car, but this would be a nightmare job

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 28 April 2005

wont go mate
someone put on in a 5 GTT, with a different box on it but it blew the box up after like a day or something

personally i dont like that k tec valver, if it was the green one for sale id buy it.

what about the volvo 1.7 turbo lump?
i know it will be a b*tch to do, but its been done before.

other than for cheapness a 5 gt turbo lump (only 120bhp as stock) then tune it up.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Drop a clio 172 engine in it and be the 1st on the site to drop one in a mk1 clio - ive got a 172 kit here.

j3ned what you lookin for for the kit mate???

by the way a mate saw you at santa pod a while ago sed your car was awsome, would love to c it in action????

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by coolspot007007 on 28 April 2005Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 28 April 2005wont go matesomeone put on in a 5 GTT, with a different box on it but it blew the box up after like a day or something

Id always heard this but never actually saw it.

Only thing Ive seen done to a GTT engine is the 1.7 head conversion.

As said the engine is the wrong way round to fit and woudl be a major ballache to get it done.

Looked into this many years ago on the 19.

Now a V6 laguna engine...

[Edited by Evoo on 4/28/2005 10:09:17 PM]

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

21t engine fits all u need to do is get a non transverse box and fit it in.... when u think about it, the fuego turbo was a gtt engine mounted transverse, u can fit a 21t engine in a fuego... so it will fit fine, bloke on rtoc had it in a gtt, fitted fine, hadnt fitted actuator hose and blew the engine up on 1 of the first runs

[Edited by MaLicE on 4/28/2005 11:25:45 PM]

oh and a v6 laguna engine... thats allready slow enuf in the clio v6s why bother sticking it in a mrk1 lol

cheers malice big help mate, so does anybody have an estimate on how much it will cost me excludin the engine, ive also thought about havin a spyder engine, a friend has 1 i could have for £700 i dont know whether thats exspensive or not but i really want a turbo (love the dump valve and boost noise lol).

so do u all think i should give it a shot or not bother, i need some motivation lol

cheers all

is that all it is, i wouldnt mind a williams conversion but still not what i want, i really want something different but not sure on what to do???

FRST and 106 GTi

The J7R engine doenst fit a clio.

Ive seen a couple of cossie powered fiestas, but the idea was cuting the whole damn car to fit the gearbox. :(

The valver engine can be turboed! It can be done properly and unleashes very good power. Talk to NickRead.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote:
oh and a v6 laguna engine... thats allready slow enuf in the clio v6s why bother sticking it in a mrk1 lol

Yes thats right cos a V6 that hit 60 in 5.5 is slow :)

None that are powerful enough to be worthwhile doing. IMO only options are willy(meg/spyder), GTT, 172 or 1.7t lumps at a push...

FRST and 106 GTi

oh well... wanting to go something different? This is RENAULT AND NOT FORD!!! You cant play "legos" with renault parts like we do with ford. :(

The best thing is to go F7R highly moded. BenR is doing an engine that its showing up to be very good in power all around... well the cams are a lumpy ones and idling is above normal 950rpm or so.

If low-end torque is no matter to you, then a high reving screamer F7P is the way to go!!! There never been seen a 10k rpm reving F7P... oh the sound of the Ford BDAs engine... that is pure class!!!