ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2100 microsoft points for £4

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
why wouldn't they honour it? it was a valid code and the product wasn't mis priced.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I wonder if they'll honor the orders that went through last night - I'm half expecting an email telling me to bog off lol

Well, you get your points in the post. You redeem them, you have them. They charge you £19. You complain, saying you paid £4 using voucher codes otherwise you wouldn't have gone ahead with the order. You show them your email (which you should also have stating the £4 receipt), they can't do anything about it other than ask for the item to be returned. By which time you've already put them on your MS account.

It's their fault for releasing the £15 off voucher code, not the public's for taking advantage of it. Their mistake, which they only seemed to cotton onto last night.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Last nights order you mean? Yeah, it will have gone through if you did it before 10pm, that's when they caught on to what was going on.

Well, you get your points in the post. You redeem them, you have them. They charge you £19. You complain, saying you paid £4 using voucher codes otherwise you wouldn't have gone ahead with the order. You show them your email (which you should also have stating the £4 receipt), they can't do anything about it other than ask for the item to be returned. By which time you've already put them on your MS account.

It's their fault for releasing the £15 off voucher code, not the public's for taking advantage of it. Their mistake, which they only seemed to cotton onto last night.

I totally agree.

However, December last year I got the 'Left for Dead 2' deal from Tesco Direct, was reduced from £40 to £15 or something silly.

They charged me, I received nothing, and it took them 2-3 weeks to refund me due to their 'price error'

Same thing happened again with their 'Buy one get one free' offer in January. Charged for BOTH.

Just because you pay, it doesn't mean they have to honor it anymore.

Obviously I hope I'm totally wrong, and everyone gets their points :)

Scirocco GT 210
Remember they charge the full amount first, then credit your account with the discount. Littlewoods used the exact same process (same company?) and it didn't always work.

This is what has happened to me. Code worked, accepted, the receipt said I'm going to be charged £4, email says £4, yet they've taken £19 out of my account.

Placed my order hours before 10pm yesterday.

I've been done it would seem. :dapprove:

AK

M240i
C.J said:
I totally agree.

However, December last year I got the 'Left for Dead 2' deal from Tesco Direct, was reduced from £40 to £15 or something silly.

They charged me, I received nothing, and it took them 2-3 weeks to refund me due to their 'price error'

Same thing happened again with their 'Buy one get one free' offer in January. Charged for BOTH.

Just because you pay, it doesn't mean they have to honor it anymore.

Obviously I hope I'm totally wrong, and everyone gets their points :)

Or...

Amazon mis priced BF:BC2 and still honoured it for me @ £23 :)

Nissan Jewk
How soon after do they credit your account? Mine was ordered at 9pm last night, I received an email confirmation stating its £4. Gone to track my order today and its stating the total value of the order is £19. I'll cancel the order if I can get confirmation about whether i'll receive the credit or not.

Yeah, it will have gone through if you did it before 10pm, that's when they caught on to what was going on.

Considering how often this 'offer' cropped up on Littlewoods (same company), I really don't think it's an error as such, they wouldn't make the same mistake that many times.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well they have taken £19 so I should be seeing the credit in tomorrow otherwise I will be making a phone call!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i wouldn't cancel just yet

"If you have paid for your order with a credit or debit card then we will process your payment in two stages. First we will charge your card with the full price of the order then we will refund your card with the value of the discount. Please note that the payment and refund may not occur simultaneously but the refund will be made no later than when your order is despatched.."

AK

M240i
Why would they not give you them for £4?

This offers been on hundreds of times on littlewoods.

I did it originally from them, came to £7 or something.

i wouldn't cancel just yet

"If you have paid for your order with a credit or debit card then we will process your payment in two stages. First we will charge your card with the full price of the order then we will refund your card with the value of the discount. Please note that the payment and refund may not occur simultaneously but the refund will be made no later than when your order is despatched.."

It is amazing how many people don't read the stuff in front of them, this was quite clearly shown on the page when placing the order.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
LOL. Like I said earlier, if you have the email receipt of sale @ £4, and they then go on to charge you £19, it's THEM that are in the wrong.

You, as a customer, have made the purchase on the proviso that the discount codes work. You wouldn't have gone through with the deal had it been full price, which is why stores and websites offer these discount codes to entice you in. They may ask you to return the item for your money back, but if you've already submitted the code, what can they do? I'd just relax. If £19 comes out of your account, then you contact them and explain the situation. THEY are in the wrong, and having the backup email receipt just proves this. It's like going into a shop, buying a shirt with money off vouchers, then having them phone you up 3 weeks later saying those vouchers were invalid. You wouldn't have bought the shirt, otherwise, though, and the till has scanned them in and the receipt shows this. Fail. You win.

Like has been said, Littlewoods and Marshall Ward have done the same thing in the past. I've used the codes before and they've worked a treat. I'm expecting this to the be the same. If it doesn't, I'll still enter the codes then complain saying I've been charged £19.

I doubt I'll ever see that £15 back - they've charged me the full £19

I've emailed them saying I never authorised them to charge me £19

That small print says you receive the refund before despatch but my order status say's it has been despatched
Dodgy

Tesla MP3 2021
Same here. Mine has been dispatched but not seen any refund as of yet. Let me know what they come back with on the email.

AK

M240i
Lolat everyone ffs calm down.. :cool:

30/03/2010 Payment Received - Thank You 19.00

30/03/2010 Xbox Live 2100 Microsoft Points £19.00 - Direct From Manufacturer

01/04/2010 Item Refund To 15.00

01/04/2010 Promotional Discount 15.00

01/04/2010 REFUND TO DELTA 15.00

Done.

Lolat everyone ffs calm down.. :cool:

30/03/2010 Payment Received - Thank You 19.00

30/03/2010 Xbox Live 2100 Microsoft Points £19.00 - Direct From Manufacturer

01/04/2010 Item Refund To 15.00

01/04/2010 Promotional Discount 15.00

01/04/2010 REFUND TO DELTA 15.00

Done.
APRIL FOOL!

AK

M240i
For anyone that missed the Very one;

There are two codes you can use on www.woolworths.co.uk for first-time buyers. First takes £15 off your first order. Second removes the delivery charge of £4. Use these codes on the £19 card and you get it for £4.

ZZ437 - £15 off first order, bringing the points cost to £4
XV002 - removes delivery charges

Hope this helps.

Nissan Jewk
From Very:

If you use a cash discount promotion, such as £10 off, and you pay for your order with a credit or debit card, then we will process your payment in two stages. First we will charge your card with the full price of the order then we will refund your card with the value of the discount.

Please note that the payment and refund may not occur simultaneously but the refund will be made no later than when your order is despatched. Please be assured that if you were selected to receive the offer and your order meets the applicable terms and conditions, the refund will be applied to ensure that you receive the correct discounted price overall.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Going to proper go to town with this one before it expires :)

8400 points for £16 is far too good to turn down. Only downside is registering 4 times with different details.

AK

M240i
Scutch said:
Going to proper go to town with this one before it expires :)

8400 points for £16 is far too good to turn down.

Does it need to be different people or just different cards?