ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

216BHP Clio is done

What a day. Finally went to collect from GDI/AWT HQ today......and the car is awesome, a lot faster then i expected, comparing it to my mates 290bhp TT, there was nothing in it from 3rd gear onwards, and i had a car full of wheels and tyres. The car had box problems before i dropped it off, but the power was a little too much for it on the way home, after a few comparisons with a quick RX7, the car started to pop out of 5th, so i pulled over and my mate noticed how bald his tyre was and had to stick his space saver on. The beginning of the problems. After having to travel in 4th and follow my mate at 50mph, i got a bit brave and 20 miles later and a loud bang and the dif was trying to throw itself out of the housing........

Luckily (about time) Fred drove past at the time and he and Yoz sorted the car to be towed back where it is now waiting for another gearbox.

Until the big bang, the car was flying, the power is scary and to think its not even stripped yet and had 4 wheels and tyres in the back is terrifying.

BIG BIG thanks to Yoz and Fred for towing me home, otherwise id still be in Stoke!

The car will be seeing 13s, no doubt at all, hopefully mid-low if all goes to plan. Watch this space, again!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Someones nicked your car clean! lol

New box eh?...harsh..... at least youll know youre ok for hammering it up the strip once you get it sorted! We need vids btw....:)

Talk about bad luck eh!

And you can believe my relief that your chuffed with it.

I did think youd make it home though.........so long as you didnt clutchless shift at the limter........eh eh ;)

Chocolate Bar™

Quote: Originally posted by Gworks on 04 June 2005

What a day. Finally went to collect from GDI/AWT HQ today......and the car is awesome, a lot faster then i expected, comparing it to my mates 290bhp TT, there was nothing in it from 3rd gear onwards, and i had a car full of wheels and tyres. The car had box problems before i dropped it off, but the power was a little too much for it on the way home, after a few comparisons with a quick RX7, the car started to pop out of 5th, so i pulled over and my mate noticed how bald his tyre was and had to stick his space saver on. The beginning of the problems. After having to travel in 4th and follow my mate at 50mph, i got a bit brave and 20 miles later and a loud bang and the dif was trying to throw itself out of the housing........

Luckily (about time) Fred drove past at the time and he and Yoz sorted the car to be towed back where it is now waiting for another gearbox.

Until the big bang, the car was flying, the power is scary and to think its not even stripped yet and had 4 wheels and tyres in the back is terrifying.

BIG BIG thanks to Yoz and Fred for towing me home, otherwise id still be in Stoke!

The car will be seeing 13s, no doubt at all, hopefully mid-low if all goes to plan. Watch this space, again!
new gearbox is a dream compared to that!

i have some great videos of it being thrashed through the back roads of staffordshire - clutchless changes the lot ;-)

no worries mehdi.

speak to fred - have a good price on that tyre.

/y0z

Seriously Yoz, big big thanks dude, i certainly owe you a beer or two!

Gutted TBH, it was going SO so very well b4 the box gave up, i was looking forward to getting the extra weight out of the car and go M3/Porsche hunting!

no worries fella.

I will give you a call later, as I have a thing cropped up on monday.

call you in a bit.

/y0z

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

clutchless gear changes? what is the point of them? can someone explain please

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Saves time and revs.

I thought it was a 216bhp 172/182 lol.

Clearly you have T/Bs but what else to get that much?

Assume its a Willy lump?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

So i am guessing right you just rag it and force it into gear? didnt think it would go in lol! (i know this must muller your gearbox!)

The way some of us go through boxes on Clios though it does make you wonder if the clutch is actually engaging on up shifts... lmao

535d / t5 caravelle

is this a 172/182 or a valver/williams your on about here?

good figures anyway especially if its the latter!

erm, NA?

i think so.

Roamer had 212, ross has 208, Yasser has 211....all i can think of at the moment.

535d / t5 caravelle

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 06 June 2005

erm, NA? normally aspirated

i think so.

Roamer had 212, ross has 208, Yasser has 211....all i can think of at the moment.
bet it fair shifts that

535d / t5 caravelle

cool,so its that yellow flying machine in subject then i take it? cheers for the link

Clio Phase II 16V

what is the best way to get around the gearbox problem with Valvers ????

I am on my 4th gearbox and it seems that the diff is always the problem....

the car is standard BTW.

newer generation gearboxs have their diff bolted in rather than a circlip, try that. But youll need to find one with a cable speedo.

535d / t5 caravelle

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 07 June 2005

Yellow one is now mine Bill....:)

<<<<
oh yeah,so it is,bet you have some fun in that,nice 1/4 mile time:cool:

No pics at the moment, well i could get some but its just a rusty, standard white Valver with white williams wheels, will eventually go into the bodyshop but want it on the road first!

Picked up the new Williams box today after speaking to a lad in Greece who has a higher spec engine then me and runs a Willy box with no problems, and Adi had a 180bhp monster with nitrous and the willy box held it ok. Now need to fit it!

150 lbs.ft across the board, rises at 5000rpm till a peak of 170 at 6500rpm, then tails off again.

Latest- the car is now fully operational, i have a brand new Williams box. It still has a few problems i want sorting until the engine can be used to its full capacity, there is a knocking in the suspension and im going for an extra mount on the gearbox. Having a supersprint manifold fitted on Tuesday at the same time.

The car is actually lethal, peeps who have been in the car describe is as warp speed, when it hits 5.5k everything just turns into a blur, the noise is awesome too. Comparing to my mates 290bhp TT again, and we make it through one gear change and i leap ahead already. Its b*****d fast.

I am one happy guy, until the next gearbox gives up on me :D