ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd 172 and a few niggles

hi there im back to owning a 172 , picked it up yesterday , but it was used on the track and some electricals are not working.
1. Speedo goes on and comes off all the way home, it recorded 170 miles from a 260 mile journey strange any ideas ?
2.ABS light on and horn not working, have removed the horn and everythings connected
3. The heater works everytime via the amount of air and i can change the temp, but the temp can only adjust when i turn the car off and on again , so its pot luck really, driving home stopped in the services just to reset the car and get some heat, but once it works , it works until i turn the car off again, justt cant guarantee it works with the heat every time :s strange
4.washer jets dont work, the wipers work and there is fluid, but no motor sound at all :(

Any help would be amazing lads and ladies

Regards

Mark

Arctic 182
4. - Common problem, there is a bit of rubber inside the pump that expands and blocks it, a quick search will give you details about how to open it and cut the rubber to get it working again, although if you can't hear the motor sound you might need a new pump, costs £10-15.

Can't help you with the others, sorry!

Clio 2.0 16v 182
1. Depending on the whether the speedo sensor is in the wheel hub or the gearbox, it could be that the previous owner has switched either of these components or disabled the abs.
2. As above in regards to the abs. And the horn may have been stripped out.
3. Electrical stripping gone bad.

The first one could just be a broken/dirty ABS sensor. They are magnetic an can attract metal particles from the brake disc, and this inteferes with the signal. There is also a chance that the connector may have corrded contacts.

Thanks for all comments chaps got a few things to try now , but how on earth do I remove a wiper motor ? Has the whole bottle got to come out looks like a big job with the wipers in the way

Arctic 182