ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3D printing people

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Hey,

I’m after a rack mount system for some raspberry pi’s, I found this on thingiverse.....

...only issue, I don’t have a 3D printer.

Anybody out there with one who roughly how much it would cost to print me a set?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1606631

Cheers.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
South London, Morden.

If loius can do it for the cost of filament definatly go with that.

If you draw a blank I do have a printer but it would be more costly and time consuming as its only a basc fdm one.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Cheers guys, i’ll Have to have a think. There’s an updated caddy for the 3b in the comments, would cost a fortune to get printed professionally, way more than I’m willing to pay!

I’m amazed that there is little in the way of already available pi rack mounts available.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Gone a different way, bought a 1u case and will mount the pi’s inside. Not quite as neat.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Trouble with 3D printing is its very time consuming.

The material/energy costs for one of those racks would be roughly £10-15 for example but soon as you factor in any labour money for keeping the printer going for 40 hours it becomes expensive.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Could you not design something ya self that could be cut from acrylic? My laser cutter burns through acrylic in secinds