ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3DMark'06 - post your scores geeks

In the interests of science, and to compare GX2 to SLi (and for me to brag) please post your '06 scores.

I'm currently scoring 8324 which is a lot better than I expected originally with this setup. It seems the GX2 really can play with SLi rigs :cool:

Mind you I'm overclocked and the GX2 is also OCd @ 580/1400

nice score :O :O :O

cant really test mine as im on dialup atm :( and it will take days to download.

what kind of games ya play ?

olliee said:
what kind of games ya play ?

Shooters mostly, the odd racing game :eek: F.E.A.R. Call of Duty 2, Prey, etc. etc.

8476 and still climbing. All I can say is my 7950GX2 is a serious overclocker. Currently @ 602/1520 (stock 500/1200) and not a hint of artifacting. Still some more headroom there yet :cool:

Golf GTD
actually it would probably be 0 due to the fact i dont think i can run 3d mark 06

so nyyyyyyerrrr :rasp:

lmao :D

what apps you use for overclockin? the ones built into nvidia?

or what???

dont have a clue when it comes to overclocking tbh :(

ff 182
im getting just over 5.000 on a single 7800 gtx. with amd 64 bit 3800 cpu 1gig of ram clocked.needs the other card in! just looking on ebay for another gtx.its the 256 one not 512.got it runing at 525 clockspeed default is 430

olliee said:
lmao :D

what apps you use for overclockin? the ones built into nvidia?

or what???

dont have a clue when it comes to overclocking tbh :(

I'm just using Coolbits to OC the graphics, but the whole machine is also overclocked in the BIOS.

olliee said:
cheers mate ill check it out!!

Ah right, cool, im gonna have a mess in bios now... fingers crossed it wont end up in smoke...

FFS dont just dive in there. Go in small steps and know the location of your CMOS jumper on your mobo. If you do something daft it might not post.

None
Dunno what mine would be on 3d mark 06 - 5/7k maybe :/. Cant be bothered to download 3d mark 06 due to its lage filesize :p I get between 27 and 33k in 3d Mark 2001 se tho

Roy Munson said:
FFS dont just dive in there. Go in small steps and know the location of your CMOS jumper on your mobo. If you do something daft it might not post.

lol, i aint that mental, trying it on my olddd comp that doesnt get used anymore so i can just play with that. gonna do it in steps of 10mhz until she dont wanna boot no more. and i kno where the jumper is :D

olliee said:
lol, i aint that mental, trying it on my olddd comp that doesnt get used anymore so i can just play with that. gonna do it in steps of 10mhz until she dont wanna boot no more. and i kno where the jumper is :D

Sorry dude I didnt want to go down the whole sucking eggs road. I was just a bit worried that you were going to toast your PC :eek:

8514 and I'm stopping there with the GX2. Tomorrow I will look at some more overclocking of the CPU. TBH I dont need to for any game, but I cant help it :evil:

olliee said:
haha ya nutter :D :D :D whats your cpu running at now??

: )

It's an AM2 X2 4600+ and the stock is 2.4GHz. I'm only running it at 2.6Ghz just now but that's going to change. I will push for 2.8Ghz but I might need water cooling after that as I may push the Vcore voltage up :evil:

olliee said:
:O some machine! how much has all that set you back?

It was £1700 but that included a PSU and case, and a 20" panel. Probs £850 for the internals. An Alienware of similar spec would have been 3k+

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Currently on 6,070 with stock settings on my 7900GTX. I was playing about with ATi Tool and managed to ramp up both the gfx core and the memory a fair amount before artifacts started appearing. The temps started heading towards 60 degrees and I just rolled them back to the stock settings.

I guess I'm just happy playing everything at full tilt (with the exception of Oblivion, of course ;) ) and having 34 degrees temp on the 7900.

To put it into non-geek terms - it's a bit like having a mad 182 capable of 0-60 in 5 seconds, but then pushing and pushing it more to take you to 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. You can take on much more exotica with that extra half-second 'go' - the question is, do you want to?

Of course you do....:cool:

D.

172 mk2 Iceberg
thanks its installing now
well it says 0 percent extracting in one window
and enter password in another
oh well..........never mind
was a huge download too

Where did you download it from? Sounds to me like you're extracting a password protected archive. Downloaded from the official website, you dont need any passwords that I remember :S

Lee said:
Here's the thread with the machines I've built recently: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159566&highlight=3dmark

Looks like my 7950 setup is very similar to the FX60 SLi7900GTX scores, but my CPU is obviously a fair shade slower so I'm pleased get within 400 points of thata score. I wasnt too sure if the 7950GX2 would be equal with SLi 7900GTX x2, but it seems it's pretty much on the button, and I have spare PCIE 16 slot for Quad SLi :eek: :approve:

Lee

BMW M2C
Useful Quad SLi is still a way off at the moment though. Even I can't get that one through accounts. lol

Lee said:
Useful Quad SLi is still a way off at the moment though. Even I can't get that one through accounts. lol

I thought the drivers were already out? Slap in a second GX2 and Bob's your uncle?

I don't doubt that it's overkill but it's easily done isnt it?

Lee said:
It's only going to benefit at massively high resolutions and with every single feature cranked to the max. I can never see the difference. lol

Yeah but 'they' said that about the 7950 over the 7900, and 'they' were wrong :rasp:

Cheers for the links :cool:

...and I'm not going to. It doesnt run properly without media player installed and frankly that piece of bloatware is never getting installed on any PC I own. VLC pwns it.

Okay so Project9'Ko'2 is underway.

Thats to breach 9000 marks on air cooling :cool:

I better get a remote control CMOS jumper for this puppy :cool:

Roy Munson said:
Okay so Project9'Ko'2 is underway.

Thats to breach 9000 marks on air cooling :cool:

I better get a remote control CMOS jumper for this puppy :cool:

ha nice :D Are you planning on water cooling?