ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 or 6 point harnesses??

SchwepTek™
Can't decide. Both looking to be around the £100 mark for TRS or RSA ones.

Initially just for track days but POSSIBLY for a bit more later on.

SchwepTek™
That's what I thought but just reading about submarining in a crash and for the sake of an extra clip into the buckle thought it might be worth it.

330i. E30 Touring.
Nah, won't be an issue as long as the buckle of the buckle is put in the right place

Listerine & Poledo
A decent seat would help prevent submarining. But I'm guessing you've already changed those?

SchwepTek™
Yeh I have changed them already. Just Corbeau Clubsports at the moment. Seems to be a few pairs of 'in date' 6 points on eBay but no 4 point. It's only a track car and doesn't get used otherwise.

Sounds like 4 point would be easier...

Listerine & Poledo
Best way probably, yeah.

You can always upgrade if you need to pass scrutineering :)

SchwepTek™
True lol. Just wanted to future proof if possible as it would cost no extra if you see what I mean.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
If you can get hold of 6 pointers and they're reasonable, why not!?

All we are saying is it's a bit of overkill for what you're using it for. But that's not necessarily a bad thing?

But yes they're a pain lol.

SchwepTek™
Haha. Thank you.

Well a second hand set of in date 6 point TRS Magnums are £100. New 4 point ones would cost me double that.... Lol

SchwepTek™
I don't think they need to be in date for club level stuff do they? Tricolore for example? Only just getting my head around the bluebook though...

I was more thinking that in date ones would at least mean they aren't that old!

I bought trs magnum 4 points, decided to buy an extra strap to make them 5 point, I actually find it more comfortable now, much easier to position it properly, plus it will be safer if I bin it

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Normally the 6points you can use just as 4 as well. Belts need to be in date for Tricolore seats don't :)

WRX
For MSA events such as Tricolore, as Jamie states..harness in date 4 point minimum and they are checked. Seats are only checked for rigid fitting but not date.

SchwepTek™
Ah brill thanks guys. So seats rigid mean no runners? Just in case you had different drivers etc.

Also I was gonna ask that but thought it was stupid. Can you run a 6 point as a 4 point? The buckle is attached to the anti sub straps so would mean having the other end of them not attached to anything??

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I'm a bit confused as the 5point I have you can just leave the crotch strap out and works fine as 4 point instead..

WRX
It's the old hassle of how you interpret the regs I think. But if you interpret differently to the scrutineers, you aren't going out so better to be 100%