ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5-a-Side Football - Surrey Area

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
With regards to team selection, having organised the original 5-a-side (& now the league with Mike), i would suggest that CS regulars have a priority for selection.

However, if & when they are unavailable/cant be bothered to turn up, the subsequent order should be as follows:

1. CS Regulars
2. Normal Regulars
3. CS Randoms
4. Normal Randoms

We should however impose a 'no-pay, no-play' ruling though; its fine to cover monies for regular's/CS members who will pay eventually (ie, Tom ;)), but for me and/or other CS members to regularly bankroll other players is not on.

Currently availablility:

1. budgie - both games
2. Sir_dave - both games
3. Vish - both games
4. NickAsboCup - both games

5. Bigman - both games
6. hallam - both games
7. mark - both games

Thanks
Dave

330i. E30 Touring.
Agreed, although I would class Bigman as a CS regular now..

This week, we've got a potential squad of 12, in theory. Being that we're playing two games, we can in theory play two different sides for the second game, depending on who's still got legs after the first one, lol.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Clare is in hospital for an operation on her arm tomorrow. Obviously i'll be with her.....she can't really drive herself.

So chances are i'll be unavailable for tomo night but i'll let you know if that changes.
I know i'll have missed two in 3 weeks but this WILL NOT be a regular occurence....before you start bleating!

B

BigMan

Not to worry Ollie, sure we can all make puns of how you are giving Clare a hand tomorrow. I hope the operation goes well for her and that she will be better very soon. Take it easy and don't forget the flowers for Clare ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Agreed, although I would class Bigman as a CS regular now..

Agreed, apologies for the typo Bigman!!

1. budgie - both games
2. Sir_dave - both games
3. Vish - both games
4. NickAsboCup - both games
5. Bigman - both games

6. hallam - both games
7. mark - both games

Clare is in hospital for an operation on her arm tomorrow. Blah blah blah, under the thumb, blah, blah ....

Pulborough haz no Taxis?

;)

Hope she's ok though obviously!!

I may be able to persuade Sarah's bro Rich to come up & play if we are desperate, which it looks like we will be ...

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Pulborough haz no Taxis?

Pulborough indeed haz taxis.....but hell hath no fury compared to that of an abandoned one armed woman.;)

And im not that much of a heartless bar-steward to leave alone on the day of her op.

Thanks Vish....nothing too serious. An operation to the tendons in her wrist.
Although she may say its life threatening......she may not be able to use her hair straighteners for a good week.:eek:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Oh that's not too bad then. Hope it goes well. My first thought was this...

arnold%20arm.jpg

Mess is abroad till Wednesday :(

Damn.

I assume not being able to walk means not being able to hobble about infront of a goal either for you :eek:

I know Messy is away in Milan.

Anyone heard from Ryan?

I've just text him. Will see what he says.

B

BigMan

This is Budge on Bigman's account:

Looks like we're a bit short. Invite Joe along again, just in case? Is Rich coming, Dave?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Ryan's in for tomorrow too.

Just seen the first game is the league leaders and the second is the one against the lot who we lost 6-0 to a couple weeks ago. We're going to have one hell of an evening!

Meet at 7 at the park?

Was a 197
I'm unavailable for the next 2 weeks, think of it as a 3 match suspension!!!

Good luck for tomorrow, we ARE getting somewhere as a team though.

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm going to call Joe in, just for the sake of it.

With only 8 players so far, we need all the help we can get!

Anyone got anyone else they can bring?

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL.

Well, If he does come down, I'm sure we can chip in for his football, and a pint after!

Don't forget boys, it's 2 games tonight, so two lots of match fees. £6 each, f**kers. :cool:

330i. E30 Touring.
I also suggest everyone brings a chocolate bar or something for the break.

I know I'm going to need sugar!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ominously quiet today....how bad was it?

Well, we lost, but we were the best we've been so far. Did incredibly well against the league leaders, including scoring our 1st goal!! Thanks to Rich (Sarah's bro) mind you ...

An overview:

Goalie
Nick was great, a few awesome saves, but somehow ended up with his trousers around his ankles at one point. Worryingly, Mike was nearby, grinning.

Defence
Pretty rock solid in general, apart from when certain, non-CS members forget that they are left back, not striker, leaving a ruddy great big gap in the defence that even my 'powerz' cannot fill :nono: Other than that, Ryan/Mike/Hallam/myself are working well together.

Midfield/Attack
The main problem we have is that not enough people are playing regularly ;) meaning that the midfield/attack arent gelling together yet - as every week the players are different lol. Rich, Hallam & Carl (Bigman's cousin) were linking well, but quite often after a break, they are left up front by themselves, with no-one to pass to. Had quite a few shots last night though, some epic saves from the opposition keeper.

The Referee
Didnt notice any of my bullying, well except once (a slide, on astro), which is always useful.

So yeah, it was a great night. No game next week though, so practice is required instead!!

Petrol Blue 182.
that second game we were amazong there goals were toatally against the run of play, im liking playing defence too, but as dave said, mark needs to sort it out wen covering me at LB

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well im not going to be missing again anytime soon so i'll be there if needed.

So are we going to have an epic training sesh next week instead? Can we invade the neighbouring pitch where we play as it will be useful to get some practice on the surface we play on and in the goals we play in.

B

BigMan

that second game we were amazong there goals were toatally against the run of play, im liking playing defence too, but as dave said, mark needs to sort it out wen covering me at LB

See I have a good idea now and again. Ryan, once you got the rythm you were well adapted and I consider you to be on top form last night.

I must say everyone played well, a really great performance and without meaning to sound biased I feel most goals we conceded were unlucky and totally against the run of play. Of course this is Football.

The big problem was our other left back/midfielder or where ever he bloody wondered off too. I did have a chat with Mark about this straying business that fustrated the living Jesus out of me yesterday. I hope the message would have been drummed in now.

On another note Carl asked me to say he appreciated the run out. If ever we are stuck and he was back from Uni, he be happy to fill in. Also I think a thanks is in order to Rich who travelled 80 miles to come and play plus enduring Dave's wonderful company ;)

Ollie, I agree with your idea of asking if we could use the other pitch next week. I know Mike receives a call from them on a weekly basis, I am sure he can mention it and ask. I would not see why they should object?

Come on FailSport... :)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
wen we say training its actualy gota be training lol not just a little game

This. Just look how disciplined we can be though. Before the famous 0-0 draw we were properly training, not just firing shots at the goal (although practice in this area is needed as well :eek:).

330i. E30 Touring.
Much better attacking play this week, but in all honesty, we did miss Tom in goal.

As much as Nick and I filled in reasonably well (for Nick, at least), we need spaghetti legs Lewis back!

Also, I had a shocking game at CB. Shocking.

Overall, a much better play. Just need to learn to go forward and defend at the same time, lol.

B

BigMan

Only a training tomorrow. We are not fixtured to have a game tomorrow, unless this has changed?

I would suggest if we cannot get on the pitches that we just go to the park just near the Harvester. Plenty of parking and very open. I know that Ryan was discussing using the method of Fartlek training. According to Wikipedia they have given the following example.

Warm up: easy running for 5 to 10 minutes.
Steady, hard speed for 1.5–2.5 km; like a long repetition.
Recovery: rapid walking for about 5 minutes.
Start of speed work: easy running interspersed with sprints of about 50–60 m, repeated until a little tired.
Easy running with three or four "quick steps" now and then (simulating suddenly speeding up to avoid being overtaken by another runner).
Full speed uphill for 175–200 m.
Fast pace for 1 minute.
The whole routine is then repeated until the total time prescribed on the training schedule has elapsed.

Who is up for doing this for the first part and then having a kick about to try and unwind for the second, and enjoy the beautiful game :)

Of course suggestions are what we need and variety is the spice of life. So post up your ideas and I be happy to try and organise a training programme if everyone is happy for me to do so?

1. Budgie
2. Sir_Dave
3. Tom
4. BigMan

(As it stands we are currently not got a game fixtured, so anyone wishing to train/ 'ave' a kick about are welcome to come along)