ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

500 Trophys

Considering there are (so far) way less than 500 trophys in this country, I am amazed at the level of spotted posts we already have for them just on this one club forum. It doesnt seam right to me at all.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

i was thinkin the same thing actually, less made than the v6 yet you see more trophys, very odd

In that case it is quite important we all register the numbers somewhere like cliotrophy.co.uk or something. I am sure though, as Jeremy said, only 500 will be made. I am sure he wouldnt lie.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

I have only ever seen one in the flesh and it was Niks at one of the meets.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 03 September 2005

Considering there are (so far) way less than 500 trophys in this country, I am amazed at the level of spotted posts we already have for them just on this one club forum. It doesnt seam right to me at all.
Well firstly I would imagine that a V6 is more likely to be a second car or weekend car, not something that is generally used to commute in. So I would expected "V6 Spotted" posts to be far less regardless of how many were sold.

Secondly even though only 300 Trophys are out there, they are the easiest Mark 2 RS Clio to spot by a mile due to the colour and wheels, and Im fairly sure that those 300 or so people will be out there driving a lot, as all are a matter of weeks or months old.

Thirdly more people are likely to post Trophy spots, if I posted every single RS Clio I spotted this forum would explode, and there arent even that many around here, but if I spotted a Trophy I would mention it straight away, just because they are new and less common.

I think its a bit off to hint at the fact that Renault may be producing duplicate numbered Trophys (if its being implied that there are more than 500, that would be the only way to do it), with the internet these days that would be impossible to get away with anyway.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

im saying ive spotted more trophys in a week than i have a v6 in a year, they seem to be more common, ive spotted 6 in 1 week!!! 1 of those was in south tottenham which is a complete sh*t hole,

im not implying that there are more than 500 trophys made im just agreeing with roy on them being so common,